Stopped losing on Keto

Options
Hello! I started strict Keto 24 days ago. This hasn't been my first time doing keto but my first time doing it again for a while. I really feel great eating this way and would like to stick with it long term. In my first 17 days I lost 18lbs. The last week or so I haven't lost anything. I've teetered back and forth on the same 1lb-1.5lb. I did try intermittent fasting for several days last week but did not really fast throughout the weekend. I've also tried to increase my veggie intake the last week or so (spinach, kale, Brussel sprouts). I know some people have a hard time with cruciferous veggies and I do feel a little bloated but not sure if it's the fasting that maybe had me bloated or the veggies. Can anyone give me some insight in to what might be going on or tips you have if this happened to you?

I believe my diary is public for anyone to take a look. I average around 15g net carb per day, 115g fat per day, and 70-80g protein per day - around 1450 calories per day.

Thanks!

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I agree. Your body is just adjusting. Weight loss is rarely linear. I have some weeks where I lost 5 lbs, and other weeks where I gained 2 lbs. My usual way of losing is to hover near a certain weight for three weeks and then suddenly lose a few pounds. I can usually feel the losses happening even if the scale is not moving, so I just look at the long term trend. As long as the over all trend is downward, you are doing well.

Bloating can definitely cause weight gain. It's just water though so nothing to worry about. :)

You plan looks good. You could always swap out some fat for more protein - a higher protein intake tends to help with protein sparing, especially in the early days of weight loss. Later on, ketosis appears to help with lean tissue sparing. 70-80 g is okay, but I would make sure you don't go lower.

Best wishes. :)