Stupid is as Stupid Does

Options
TheRoadDog
TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
Dropped my bike about a month ago. All because I didn't get my kickstand all the way down. I hadn't ridden for about 2 weeks and finally had a dry day. Got up to go to work. Pulled my bike out of the garage about 3am. Got off to close the garage door and as I walked away, I turned to see it fall over. Broke the left side running light and the left turn signal. No chrome or paint damage. Next day we started with a very cold period, so I haven't ridden since. Getting antsy though. Just called the Dealer to get it fixed. Looks like it will cost me several hundred dollars. I'm so irritated with myself, but I'm taking it in tonight because I am not used to going this long without riding.

How's your day going?

46cdl9ulswdu.png

Replies

• Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Sorry you're having a bad day.
    Hope it gets better
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    When I first came here, my land was all swamp. Everyone said I was daft to build a house on a swamp, but I built in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one. built this morning, stayed up. And that's what I've got now, the strongest house in all of Canada.

So my day is going pretty well.

Do you know @caco_ethes? She may have something to do with the 3rd one and it wasn't really the swamp.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    When I first came here, my land was all swamp. Everyone said I was daft to build a house on a swamp, but I built in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one. built this morning, stayed up. And that's what I've got now, the strongest house in all of Canada.

Do you know @caco_ethes? She may have something to do with the 3rd one and it wasn't really the swamp.

Oh yeah, we're old pals.

In fact, when I signed up for the Columbia Record Club, where you got 13 albums for $.01, I gave half of them to her.

Oh, I had forgotten about the Columbia Record Club. I probably still owe them money.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

Oh yeah, we're old pals.

In fact, when I signed up for the Columbia Record Club, where you got 13 albums for $.01, I gave half of them to her.

Yes. Literally half. I got one half of each of the following CDs:

Wilson Phillips
    Nirvana
    Tina turner
    Mariah carey
    Indigo girls
    Best of the Doors
    Eric clapton
    Aerosmith
    Beastie boys
    Candlebox
    INXS
    Kenny G
    Lion King: the soundtrack

They might’ve been great cd’s, I’ll never know

ps you deserved losing your 3rd house
  • Vamoose924
    Vamoose924 Posts: 34 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Milton Bradley: If the swamp ever dries up (global warming, you know!) You will have a 4 storey house.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Stupid is as Stupid Does

A couple of years ago I was doing a side job and while doing it I scraped the side of my car real bad on a support pillar thing in the underground parking.

It cost me more to fix it than I was getting paid to do the job.