Options
2»

Replies

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »
    starve.

Look, some people are gifted genetically with the leanness and find it easy to just diet down a bit and hey out comes the 6-pack. Others, we have to basically diet diet diet (as in be in a caloric deficit, not any specific clean or keto or whatever, just eat a whole lot less) until we hit the low % body fat where the abs will start to show.

I have a six pack under my fluff. My 2 pack never goes away it's always there and if I poke my stomach I can feel the rest under there, but I just don't have the level of discipline to diet down as much as I need in order to have them show. Plus I disappear and become teeny tiny.

Also - why?

Oh yeah and keep lifting as well as dieting. and dieting, and dieting.

Sounds a lot like me. I row 6 days a week (when I'm healthy, been nursing a bad back right now). My ab muscles have gotten incredibly developed. If I look in a mirror and strain to the point I practically blow a nut, I have a six pack that looks OK. I like to eat too much. It would be nice to see a really nice six pack with a "V" some day, but I'm not sure I will ever have the discipline for that in my diet. I'm OK being a healthy weight and not a fitness model.

People really underestimate the amount of work it takes to look like some of these models look. And by "work", not just exercise. Watching every single morsel that goes into their pieholes.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »
    starve.

Look, some people are gifted genetically with the leanness and find it easy to just diet down a bit and hey out comes the 6-pack. Others, we have to basically diet diet diet (as in be in a caloric deficit, not any specific clean or keto or whatever, just eat a whole lot less) until we hit the low % body fat where the abs will start to show.

I have a six pack under my fluff. My 2 pack never goes away it's always there and if I poke my stomach I can feel the rest under there, but I just don't have the level of discipline to diet down as much as I need in order to have them show. Plus I disappear and become teeny tiny.

Also - why?

Oh yeah and keep lifting as well as dieting. and dieting, and dieting.

Sounds a lot like me. I row 6 days a week (when I'm healthy, been nursing a bad back right now). My ab muscles have gotten incredibly developed. If I look in a mirror and strain to the point I practically blow a nut, I have a six pack that looks OK. I like to eat too much. It would be nice to see a really nice six pack with a "V" some day, but I'm not sure I will ever have the discipline for that in my diet. I'm OK being a healthy weight and not a fitness model.

People really underestimate the amount of work it takes to look like some of these models look. And by "work", not just exercise. Watching every single morsel that goes into their pieholes.

this made me laugh way more than it should have done at work.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    shenko_don wrote: »
    shenko_don wrote: »
    Get your body fat percentage down by eating cleaner. Also do all your abs exercises with weights

What does "eating cleaner" even mean ?

Eating less junk like pizza, burgers ice cream ect. stuff that are him in calories and of little nutritional benefit to you. Having alot more vegetables and counting your calories and balancing your macros to meet your caloric need

I eat all that "junk" and literally no vegetables and have a six pack most of the year depending on my training. My pizza, ice cream, burgers, chicken, chocolate all have nutrition that helps build my macros throughout the day.

One just needs to be lower body fat which is done by eating in a deficit and have decent abdominal mass.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    jgimbut10 wrote: »
    I'm trying to see my 6 pack. I can feel it is there but it is hidden under the layer of fat/skin. Regularly doing abs exercise and running for cardio but nothig shows up. Any suggestions on how to get it visible?

Eat less.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Defined abs (as in 6-pack) usually requires a pretty low body fat % (just being within normal weight range won't typically be enough for most people).