What is your step of the day??

Options
I have finally realized that making just one small change can remind me to stay motivated and stay on track. Just one small change can motivate me to make another small change or decision about what I am going to eat, or the amount of exercise I do.

Today, it was not putting butter on my toast. That one little triumph for me will keep me motivated for the rest of the day. It may sound silly, but for me its working. Tomorrow it will be something else.

So what small change or decision did you make that is keeping you motivated or on track today??

Replies

• 2dogzrule
    2dogzrule Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Either planning a meal out ahead of time, or logging the ingredients while I am making it. It makes you think twice about what you put in your body! BTW, good alternative to butter on toast is hommus!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    My advice for anyone is to cut down not out which I guess is similar to your small steps approach.

Often people go full on healthy cutting everything bad out and they last a month at most before they binge eat along with the associated negative emotions. It's not healthy physically nor mentally and it doesn't result in a permanent lifestyle change.
  • slhass10
    slhass10 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    After dinner when my husband and kids were having dessert, I took the dogs for a walk. Sweets have always been my down fall so this was my small step yesterday.
  • StrawberryThief
    Options
    You guys are awesome, well done.
  • VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Instead of raiding the fridge and mindlessly snacking after dinner last night, I ate some fruit.
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I packed my lunch - grilled chicken and mixed steamed veggies.