Bean salad measuring?!!

Options
NavaGunJara
NavaGunJara Posts: 4 Member
edited February 2019 in Food and Nutrition
So I recently ‘ve started to weigh my foods rather than guessing ,
What im trying to do now is making a bean salad from different kind of can beans and ldivide them into 4 meals or so
How do I weigh how much macros are in the whole salad ?!

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Do you use the recipe builder on MFP?
  • NavaGunJara
    NavaGunJara Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Haven’t tried it.
    Do you use the recipe builder on MFP?

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Eye opening.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Weigh the beans before you make the salad. Log each separately, along with any dressing or other ingredients. Divide the total grams of each ingredient by 4 to get the amount for each serving.

Or as @L1zardQueen said, weigh it all separately first and build a recipe.
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    So I recently ‘ve started to weigh my foods rather than guessing ,
    What im trying to do now is making a bean salad from different kind of can beans and ldivide them into 4 meals or so
    How do I weigh how much macros are in the whole salad ?!

Ha, thought I was the only one who did this :# I take a big can of baked beans and then add 3 cans of other kinds of beans (current batch is kidney, northern and black beans).

To figure out the calories per serving-I entered the info from the cans into the recipe builder and then divided it by how many 1/2 cup servings are in all the cans (beans are portioned out in 1/2c servings). My current batch works out to 140 calories per serving (the baked bean sauce adds a bit, but it gives a good flavoring so worth it for me!).

eta: I've also made it with a bottle of bbq sauce-there's a million different flavored sauces out there, bean salad is such a versatile dish!