Slay The Pounds!

I'm on a journey to slay 12 lbs. and get fit and stay fit. Here's my stats--
SW: 140 lbs.
CW: 137 lbs.
GW: 125 lbs.
Yep, I'm slaying them and feeling damn good too! B)

Replies

• mdreddie
    mdreddie Posts: 73 Member
    Good morning! Today, my weight is 136 lbs., so 11 more pounds to go, yes!
  • falalaholly
    falalaholly Posts: 27 Member
    I wanna slay 20 lbs!!

SW:160lbs
    CW:150lbs
    GW: 140lbs

I'm doing a 90 day challenge (with my kickboxing studio) and im a little over a month in, lost 10 lbs but having trouble eating enough protein! I dont even know the right way to calculate it, any suggestions??

I usually eat at least 30g of protein a day, but myfitnesspal shows i should be eating 60g a day!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,030 Member
    hmilly wrote: »
    I wanna slay 20 lbs!!

SW:160lbs
    CW:150lbs
    GW: 140lbs

I'm doing a 90 day challenge (with my kickboxing studio) and im a little over a month in, lost 10 lbs but having trouble eating enough protein! I dont even know the right way to calculate it, any suggestions??

I usually eat at least 30g of protein a day, but myfitnesspal shows i should be eating 60g a day!

If you're losing weight and active, I'd suggest 0.6-0.8g protein daily per pound of healthy goal weight, which in your case would be 84-112g. Obviously, that's way more than 30.

Take a look at the spreadsheet linked in this thread:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10247171/carbs-and-fats-are-cheap-heres-a-guide-to-getting-your-proteins-worth-fiber-also

Find foods you enjoy in the spreadsheet, eat more of those, and less of something else that isn't as helpful in meeting your goals.

Best wishes! :)
  • mdreddie
    Hmilly, way to go on your weight loss progress! Keep slaying those pounds! And yep I definitely agree with AnPT77 calculation for basic protein requirements: 0.6-0.8 grams of protein per pound of body weight. And there are so many food sources that come to mind to easily meat that like poulty, meat generally, and fish. Of course, there plenty other sources of proteins (plant-based, etc.). Go with what works for you and keep on slaying those pounds! --Peace! B)
  • ericadcruz32
    ericadcruz32 Posts: 48 Member
    Pray I slay 40+ pounds!

SW: 165
    CW: 155
    GW: 120-125

Great job to all of you!
  • mdreddie
    SW: 140 lbs.
    CW: 133 lbs.
    GW: 125 lbs.
    I'm working on losing 1 pound a week for March. It's coming off slower now, but it's not jumping up. Yay to that!
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,002 Member
    SW: 153
    CW: 137
    GW: was 135, but now I'm thinking 132 so I can flex up a few pounds and not have it affect the way my new jeans fit.