40lbs+ lost. Before and after pics.

Options
Before - around February/March 2010 http://photos1.mfpassets.com/images/photos/993/460/993460_8817.jpg

After - 17th July 2010 http://photos2.mfpassets.com/images/photos/993/460/993460_4041.jpg

I hope you can get these photos. It's taken me about an hour to try and work out how to do it. Apologies if it hasn't worked!

I still have 32lbs to go so am still on the 'hefty' side. But I can see the results and I'm not dreading going on holiday on Monday anymore!

Replies

• janetgardiner
    Options
    wow you look great.
  • ana70
    ana70 Posts: 93
    Options
    Great pictures, it worked whatever you did! Congratulations on your success, you do not have far to go!
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous , well done ,love your wallpaper :smile:
  • cajungirl37
    Options
    You look fantastic keep up the good work.
  • OlenaS
    OlenaS Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Wow! great work - thank you for posting!!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Wow! I can't wait to be there too! congratulations.
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    That's so great! You lookk wonderful and I bet you feel amazing, too!
  • Maggie2105
    Options
    Congratulations! and in such a shor time enjoy your holiday.
  • ahalizwe
    ahalizwe Posts: 5
    Options
    wow, u look great..how did u do this??? ideas pliz.
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • hammersue1
    hammersue1 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    well done to you. keep it up looking good girl wahoooooooooooooooooo :love:
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Keep up the good work!

How long as it taken you to lose it?
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Impressive.
  • Lilliesmom2010
    Options
    Great Job!! I know you must feel so much better and healthier now! Congrats!! You look GREAT!!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Before - around February/March 2010 993460_8817.jpg

After - 17th July 2010 993460_4041.jpg

I hope you can get these photos. It's taken me about an hour to try and work out how to do it. Apologies if it hasn't worked!

I still have 32lbs to go so am still on the 'hefty' side. But I can see the results and I'm not dreading going on holiday on Monday anymore!

see if this works
  • Luckymam
    Luckymam Posts: 300
    Options
    wow, u look great..how did u do this??? ideas pliz.

Well, my son was born on Xmas eve. By around March/April time, I got weighed and realised I'd lost around a stone (15lbs) so that spurred me on to lose more weight (I know a lot was probably fluid loss but seeing the numbers decrease on the scales was an inspiration to continue!). My friend told me about MFP. I'd read the 'Skinny B1tch' book and fancied the idea of being vegan. So I started swapping meat and dairy for vegan alternatives.

I must stress that I'm not fully vegan. I still wear leather and wool, still occasionally have meat or dairy if I really want it or go out for a meal etc. I've just dramatically cut my intake of animal products.

I also bought myself a pair of MBT trainers and I make sure I walk for at least half an hour every day. These shoes SERIOUSLY work your bum and legs! I also try to use my Wii most days. Either the Wii fit programme or 'My Fitness Coach', which I really recommend.

I also breastfeed, which does help, but isn't a weightloss miracle like some people think. I got here through controlling my food intake and exercising. I've had a couple of comments where people say, "yeah, but you're going to lose weight- you're breastfeeding!", like I've sat and stuffed my face for the last 7months but have relied on breastfeeding to lose weight!

Another book that has massively helped me is "I Can Make You Thin" by Paul McKenna. It has taught me how to enjoy food, to savour food, to not feel guilty for enjoying eating delicious food. It has helped me to recognise when I am truly hungry, and to stop eating when I am full - I even leave food on my plate, which, as a girl, was a sin in my house!

I've also massively reduced my alcohol intake. I'm not saying I was an alcoholic but most nights my husband and I would share a bottle of wine. Obviously, with being pregnant, I wasn't drinking, and with breastfeeding I only have the VERY occasional small glass, but I had one the other night and I immediately wanted something to eat. Alcohol gives me the munchies - big time!

I've always yo-yo dieted, but I now feel, at the age of 33, that I have the mental tools required for losing weight - and keeping it off! - which is the hard bit! I've lost the "all or nothing" mentality which has hindered my success over the years. You know, you lose a few pounds, but have one bad day and think, "that's it, diet ruined. I may as well give up", and then you put all the weight back on plus some extra!

I guess I've changed my lifestyle rather than gone on a diet.
  • Luckymam
    Options
    You look fabulous! Keep up the good work!

How long as it taken you to lose it?

Around 3-4 months x
  • Luckymam
    Options
    Thanks for all of your kind words everyone! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like x
  • Luckymam
    Options
    Before - around February/March 2010 993460_8817.jpg

After - 17th July 2010 993460_4041.jpg

see if this works

How did you do that?! I'm so computer illiterate!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!