Need help

I’m 42 and need help controlling my eating. I need to lose around 40 pounds but can’t seem to stick to anything.

Replies

• tiff8083
    tiff8083 Posts: 9 Member
    I'm in the same boat as you. I'm going to be 36 this year. I need to stop snacking! My goal is to keep nighttime snacks obsolete past 7:00. I also want to focus on meals not snacks. I need to loose 30 lbs.
  • lnorman0888
    lnorman0888 Posts: 444 Member
    Hey ladies if either of you are interested I run a monthly accountability group! I would love to talk more with you about it! Let me know if your interested 😀
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,522 Member
    edited February 2019
    Start a food diary. Start with just listing anything you eat or drink that has calories. But don’t concern yourself with the numbers. Just make a habit of logging your intake. It’s the first step. If you forget at some point, go back and fill in your list as best you can. You don’t need to be perfect.

When your brain starts trying to talk you out of doing it, push back. Your brain will try to tell you either that it’s a stupid and pointless exercise, or that it’s a huge burden. Tell your brain you don’t care what it says, you’re determined to do it. It’s something you’ve decided to do for yourself. Eventually you have to fight that voice in your head that talks you into quitting.

Logging your intake is the single best thing you can do. Fight this fight and win it. When you feel you have firmly established logging as a habit, then look into calories. There’s a pretty long calorie counting learning curve. Again, you don’t need perfection. Don’t let your brain talk you into quitting just because you aren’t perfect. You need persistence, not perfection.