lnorman0888
lnorman0888 Posts: 444 Member
edited February 2019 in Getting Started
Anyone interested in trying it out?!

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Well, for me, it's not trying it out. It's how I've been doing it for the last couple of years. What sort of info/support/etc are you looking for?
  • lnorman0888
    Options
    Not looking just asking I started home workouts also after having my daughter last year!
  • estherdragonbat
    Options
    Ah. Yeah, I don't belong to a gym and I'm sporadically employed, so not that enamored of having monthly fees come out of an account when so little goes in. So, I got a book on strength training and some dumbbells and other equipment and started working out in the basement.

For cardio, I prefer long walks, but when the weather or the daylight hours don't cooperate, I have a glider in the basement too.

What are you doing?
  • lnorman0888
    Options
    I do Beachbody on demand I used to love the gym but I found these workouts work better and allow me to.be home with my daughter while I workout so its the best of both world's!
  • estherdragonbat
    Options
    I've heard good things about those. I'm just a little behind the times with a desktop computer only. And no room to work out in the office. So for me, at this point, videos aren't really ideal. Books with good pictures of the exercises are better.

And your daughter looks like such a cutie!
  • lnorman0888
    Options
    See I have such a hard time with books! I need to see it in action we are opposite!

She is lucky she is cute she has attitude for days haha 14 months going on 14 years 😂
  • estherdragonbat
    Options
    We are! I don't have kids, but thanks to my cat, I know something about attitude. (Or cattitude. He's a real little purrsonality...)
  • melissaking572
    melissaking572 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I workout at home , would love support!? Feel free to add me! I'm not sure how to do this
  • ThinFifty
    ThinFifty Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started with the BeachBody Insanity programme and then went on to thier T25 regime. I got fit and got to my target weight in a controlled way. I would say it will work for everyone if you stick to the plan (exercise and food intake recommendations). I don't like the gym environment so working out at home is perfect for me.
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I work out at home - or the fitness room in the apartment. I've found a couple of YouTube videos I play on my smart TV (like 7 min workouts). I try to go use the elliptical several times a week and am starting to take the stairs a few times a week (11 floors!) - I've done it once and didn't die...so that is good. I also have the PiYO series from beach body - and have done that a few times....nothing consistent....and have found that there is Free Yoga at work on Fridays (been here 18 months and just learned that!) so I'm on week 2 of that today over lunch!

If ya want to add me - go for it. I do most of my logging through my Fit Bit and if I could get them to synch both the exercise and food log I'd be thrilled....in the meantime...know I log it all....I just am too techno stupid to make it work together and don't want to add everything in TWICE...once is hard enough. If curious...just ask and I'll admit to whatever!
  • Jamiedw38
    Jamiedw38 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing 21 day fix I love it I also have the insanity program planning on doing it after I finish this program
  • veggieonly
    veggieonly Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this community. I’m looking for some type of accountability. I lack motivation to work out at home, I’ve started to do so as of Wednesday I hope I can keep it up. My work schedule is a bit hectic and doesn’t allow me to commit to a gym.
  • lnorman0888
    Options
    Jamiedw38 wrote: »
    I'm currently doing 21 day fix I love it I also have the insanity program planning on doing it after I finish this program

I love both those! I am doing a Shaun t workout currently it's awesome!
  • no1elseislikeme
    no1elseislikeme Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I work out at home as well. A mix of Pilates, power yoga and body weight exercises.
  • Quelana
    Quelana Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm following one of Fitness Blender programs (mix of cardio, HIIT, lifting and pilates), working out 4-5 times a week and love it! I don't log my exercises (as I mainly do it to get fit and not burn calories), but I post daily about what kind of exercise I'm up to. Anyone can add me if you'd like!
  • mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am debating beach body on demand. would love some insight and support from anyone who does these workouts. feel free to add me :)
  • mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Quelana wrote: »
    I'm following one of Fitness Blender programs (mix of cardio, HIIT, lifting and pilates), working out 4-5 times a week and love it! I don't log my exercises (as I mainly do it to get fit and not burn calories), but I post daily about what kind of exercise I'm up to. Anyone can add me if you'd like!

I have looked into these. thinking of giving them a try!
  • kristingjertsen
    kristingjertsen Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Eldergym has free, safe workouts for seniors and people with disabilities. Run by a physical therapist with geriatric certification. Not everyone can do rigorous workouts like beach body, but you can get excellent results using modified programs.