Anyone here for the long term & not looking for a quick fix?

Options
I'm realising that really is hell of a long journey & by doing too much in too short of time just ends up in burning out & giving up.

My personal goal is to get fitter & stronger, & I want this to be a continuing thing. I want this to be a lifestyle.

Crash fad diets only brings misery.

From all the different things I've read & YouTubers I've watched, the most successful & happy ones who take a long term approach.

Replies

• beast_kitty89
    beast_kitty89 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I need a sustainable lifestyle. I've noticed what to change, what to eat and so on with this app in regards to my health needs. I've tried all these diets and they all failed me.
  • jasonpoihegatama
    jasonpoihegatama Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    It's a way of life!
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    🖐️.. long term.. no specific reason and time.
  • witchaywoman81
    witchaywoman81 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    100%, yes. I have learned so much since joining the site. I fell off tracking mid-late last year and started up again December 31st. Down 7 pounds so far, which the old me would've said is too little, but I'm in this for the long haul. If you read posts from the most seasoned members, they all have one thing in common: they've found a way to make this a lifestyle. They've lost the weight and kept it off with realistic expectations and while eating real food. I am a work in progress, but I'm inspired by their journeys and enjoying my own.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,969 Member
    Options
    Been here for five and a half years. No plans for going away.
  • Smacfit_
    Smacfit_ Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady here :) my goal is to be in the best shape of my life in approx 1.5 years and then...get even stronger/maintain after that! I am two months in and feeling great....losing 0.5 pounds per week steadily, getting my workouts in, changing up my daily routines habits and improving my relationship with food slowly but surely.
  • AutumLeaf
    AutumLeaf Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Yay happy to see others on the same level ☺️💜
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Short term is never a winning situation..
    Its a way of life be it good bad or indifferent. 16 months for me
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I've also been here since February 2013. Lost 25 lbs at a half-pound per week, took up lifting and focusing on hitting my protein.

Since, I've run a couple bulk/cut cycles and maintained. Don't plan on going anywhere. I set up habits that were hard for me to build (I have chronic depression) and find logging simple and fast; so I'm not going to stop. I take breaks from the forums from time to time but always keep my food diary up to date, even if I'm out somewhere and have to make an educated guess.

Now, I just focus on different fitness goals instead of weight. Just a different form of the same process.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    I’ve been here since Nov 15 2010.
    My story is much like @WinoGelato’s.
    I took a year to lose 30lbs.

I haven’t logged my food more than a couple of weeks in years, but will happily start doing so again if needed.

Hanging out on the forums really helps me focus on my weak spot, exercise.

Cheers, h.