Hello everyone

Options
Ah, introductions. Where to begin.

A little about me. I'm a 36 year old guy from South Africa. I spent 17 years on and off in gyms. The last 10 years were spent powerlifting. Around 2 years ago I found I was simply reinjuring old injuries every week so I had to give up lifting. I knew that if I went into a gym I'd always be tempted to lift heavy so I stopped. Thus began my search for a home exercise routine that works for me. I eventually found the You Are Your Own Gym which is perfect for me. I've made great progress. Into my 10th week now. I can highly recommend this routine to anyone.

When I stopped lifting I weighed 120kg/264lb. Luckily I adjusted my diet so I didn't gain too much bodyfat. 10 weeks ago I was at 105kg/231lb and now I'm down to 98kg/216lb. I'm not too worried about actual weight loss since I'm always gaining lean muscle tissue. My bodyfat % is now around 18/19% so that's pretty nice. Hoping to get down to around 12/15%.

I cook a lot so I'm able to control my diet pretty well.

Outside of all that I'm a little different. Some might say unusual, others might say plain old weird. I'm pretty alternative in that I have a lot of piercings and tattoos and I'm a body suspension performer. But I'm really just like everyone else.

I'm always happy to make new friends so add me if you'd like. I've got a fair bit of exercise experience so I'm always happy to help.

Replies

• Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Im also from South Africa , u the only dude besides for myself that I know of on this site from SA . iv been here for almost a year . Welcome man
  • Reaper1242
    Options
    Thanks man.

I wasn't expecting any South Africans to be honest. Although I do see a few South African foods in the database so we must be here somewhere.