Options
Can't believe it's working I was 13 stone 7 days ago, now I'm
12 1/2 can see the results allredy.

Replies

• elliot29collins
    elliot29collins Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Slim Fast works if it helps you reduce your calorie intake. Weight loss is always about taking in fewer calories. Slim Fast left me hungry and cranky. No real permanent change in my eating habits, so of course the weight came back.

The first week of weight loss very often includes a fair amount of water weight loss. While encouraging, this is not the same thing as fat loss. Your weight loss in week 2 will settle down; results will be more realistic.

To gauge realistic weight paced weight loss - Google your maintenance (TDEE - total daily energy expenditure): http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

To lose 1 pound you need a 3,500 calorie deficit. If you had lost 7 pounds of fat in a week, you would have needed a 3,500 calorie deficit every day.

Instead of doing the 321 slimfast. I'm haveing a sf shake for breakfast same for lunch then a healthy dinner seems to be working well. Thank you for your post it's very interesting to read.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Any food can work if you eat it in small enough portions. The question is, does slim fast teach you better eating habits and enable long-term healthy weight maintenance? Usually the answer is no.
  • elliot29collins
    Options
    Any food can work if you eat it in small enough portions. The question is, does slim fast teach you better eating habits and enable long-term healthy weight maintenance? Usually the answer is no.

I guess in time we will find that out.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Can't believe it's working I was 13 stone 7 days ago, now I'm
    12 1/2 can see the results allredy.

That's a lot of weight to lose in a week though.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Not to temper your enthusiasm, but a lot of that is likely water weight and other non fat weight from being on a mostly liquid diet. When you transition to real food, that weight is probably mostly going to come back.
  • elliot29collins
    Options
    I'm eating healthy as well as on the shakes. But if that were the case I would just cardio it up like a mad man.