Air Fryer

Options
Some of my friends have one. I'm wondering if it's worth the expense.

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Yes, I LOVE mine and it was only 35 bucks (reg 90). You can always find great deals to get one for a reasonable price. I use it for everything like eggs, desserts, meat, wraps, veggies, frozen burritos. I love the unique flavor it gives meat. it is unlike any oven baked chicken/turkey breast flavor.
  • hypocacculus
    hypocacculus Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    If you crave deep fried food maybe. Otherwise it's just another gadget cluttering up the work surface. Entertaining review here: https://www.buzzfeed.com/michelleno/philips-airfryer-review
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I used mine to death. However if you have a convection oven there are ways (supposedly though I haven’t tried yet) to get the same results.
  • rosson
    rosson Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I think I'll go get one. I'm all about having quick and healthy food after work.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    I used mine to death. However if you have a convection oven there are ways (supposedly though I haven’t tried yet) to get the same results.

Practically same..just bigger than countertop fryer.. 😉
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I like mine. For the price I think it was definitely worth it. I don't have a large one so I store it in the cupboard when I'm not using it.
  • Love_2_Hike
    Love_2_Hike Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I borrowed a spare one off a friend. Mixed roast veggies for my Quinoa salad, in like 10 minutes. Takes about 1 hour in the oven. Excellent, just excellent
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I LOVE mine- hot odgs sausage, french fries, fish etc- the list is endless-
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-3-2l-digital-air-fryer-black/6254638.p?ref=199&loc=alBmpGgX6ts&acampID=1&siteID=alBmpGgX6ts-wUwOiJ5Usv3Ij7hnVw1BSw

This one is only 30 bucks. ALthough I think it may be too small. I have a 4 quart one and it is perfect, but if you just want a small one, it is a good price.
  • Rh1aB1a
    Rh1aB1a Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I absolutely adore my air fryer! We made turkey burgers in it the other night and they were fantastic!
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Love it, and use it all the time.
    It is certainly quicker than using the oven, and because I don't have to wait for it to hear up cheaper to run as well.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    The fries came out the same if I flipped them a few times and cooked for double the time, but I prefer to just pop in and be done. Taste wise, the fries were no different though.

I do fries probably 4 times a week. To get the same taste out of the oven (mine is a convection as well), takes about 4 times the oil, longer and more watching (as you say, they need to be turned).

Yes, they are not deep fried flavour, but they are still good, way easier, less oil and cheaper to run than the full oven.

• yasiral
    yasiral Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Go get it. I love mine. Yes it won't taste like fried food, yes a conventional oven can do the same but convenience and time is what makes it worth having.
  • hawkydo
    hawkydo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What else can u use it for? Like veggies? How does it work on healthy foods? Ty!!
  • kikimommy
    kikimommy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just got one and love it so far. I got it to make healthy foods more kid-approved, especially veggies. We have done salmon filets, roasted chili chickpeas, butternut squash, sweet potato fries, kale chips, and brussels sprouts. Much faster than the oven and better texture.