Celery Juice

Options
2»

Replies

• mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Celery juice, beetle juice. They all have their purpose. What does a human liver do when it is at "optimal working conditions"? When is it at 100 % ? At age 8 or 10 or 12 ? Our bodies start to die the moment we are born - and start getting seriously worn and old from age 20 onward or thereabouts. Shouldn't we ask ourselves WHAT (if anything) makes our liver "sluggish" ? Livers of animals don't last forever either - compare the liver of a 6 week old chicken (tight, dark blood red, firm) to the liver of an old soup hen of 18 to 24 months. Whitish in colour with dark gray spots, loose to the touch, jelly - like). Put a piece of liver into celery juice for a couple of days, for a week: it will start to stink like any other food.

How...depressing.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Here is a link to one of the many articles and videos out there one this....

http://www.medicalmedium.com/blog/celery-juice

And here's a link to one of the many articles and videos out there that show he's full of it.

https://www.inverse.com/article/40096-medical-medium-anthony-william

Great article.

Very suspicious that Amazon shows so many 5 star reviews. And at the bottom of the page of Anthony William's books are how to set up an Amazon giveaway to promote your book. I emailed the author of the article you linked to see if Amazon got back to her.

??? I see those announcements on Amazon about giveaways to promote the book all the time. I'm pretty sure those are routine messagesfrom Amazon to authors and publishers, not the other way around.

I wasn't saying they were the other way around.

It's easy for authors to promote their books on Amazon and link to social media.

I'm curious how easy it is for him to manipulate that system.
  • jean133mjg
    jean133mjg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I think I'll continue to do as I've always done, eat the whole celery. I'd much rather have celery sticks with my sandwich than chips, but that's me. I love the stuff. The only manipulating I want done to my celery, is when my teeth are chewing it.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Why do you think you need to detox your liver? Your livers purpose is to remove toxins from your body. It doesn't need to be detoxed. It IS the detox.

There are people out there who have discovered that if you look good and speak with big fancy words, there's are enough people out there who will believe literally anything you say that you can make enough money off of it. It's the snake oil salesmen of old but with a worldwide reach.

• oedipuss
    oedipuss Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This Anthony Williams "medical medium" is often queried on a thyroid forum I belong to. Yes, he thinks natural stuff like celery juice can "cure" Hashimoto's. He's a .........
    f0pa2qsmpg95.jpg
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    All vegetable juices have some nutritional value, but there's nothing magic about any of them, including celery juice.