Running with your phone

Options
13»

Replies

• Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    None of my workout clothes have pockets and I'm not well equipped enough to hold it in my sports bra, so I have to hold it in my hand.
  • brixtonbanner
    brixtonbanner Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I would suggest if you are going to buy an armband find someone who has the type you are thinking of buying and test it out with the phone.

Why?

I have a Samsung phone and bought a nighteyez armband and suddenly Runtastic couldn't find the satellites.
    I now use a pair of Speedo shorts to run in and they are great. Nice big pocket for my phone, two side pockets and a wee mesh thing for my keys.
    The armband is now for the IPod
  • luulu1999
    luulu1999 Posts: 119
    Options
    I usually just hold onto mine.

Me too :)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I use a cheap universal armband I picked up for about $6 on Amazon, and for longer runs, I have a Nathan Trail Mix belt which holds onto two bottles of water, phone, ID, and gels.
  • Sweetestthing87
    Sweetestthing87 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I damaged a phone putting in my over the shoulder workout boulder holder... now I have an armband and some of my workout tops actually have a built in pocket in the back. It really keeps the phone in there. It is amazing.
  • rld27
    rld27 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hey, I also had this issue so I created something to hold your phone, shouldn't damage it if done properly! What do you think?? www.isportsbra.com Just launched it in October after making many many prototypes people said 'cool I need one of those' so I had a bunch manufactured and testing the market!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I'm classy. I put mine in my sports bra. With my HRM band under my bra, the phone stays in place and it's easy for me to get to change volume, check my route mileage, etc.

Like I said, totally classy. lol

If I take my phone I do this too :drinker:
  • discoveredamber
    discoveredamber Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have an armband and for rain/snow days I have a columbia rainproof/windproof jacket with a front pocket. that is awesome.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Hi probably some if you use various phone apps when running/ exercising.
    Myself I use Runtastic and of course MFP.

A question... Where do you keep your phone so that it doesn't bother you when running? I have a tiny pocket in my short pants but it takes serious gymnastics to close this pocket with phone in, nevermind reaching back for the phone during the run to adjust the volume.

Do you use some other methods? My phone us not iPhone but almost same size.
    Thanks!

Pocket of my running shorts. I use my armband sometimes too.

've also seen people tuck it into the waist band of their running attire either in the front or back.
  • emacb123
    emacb123 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    between my two bras.

Exactly this!
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Hi probably some if you use various phone apps when running/ exercising.
    Myself I use Runtastic and of course MFP.

A question... Where do you keep your phone so that it doesn't bother you when running? I have a tiny pocket in my short pants but it takes serious gymnastics to close this pocket with phone in, nevermind reaching back for the phone during the run to adjust the volume.

Do you use some other methods? My phone us not iPhone but almost same size.
    Thanks!

Bought an arm band off of amazon-has a mesh pocket for phone and then a zippered pouch for my pepper spray :tongue: