Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

I backed out of surgery, and have lost nearly 140 lbs. so far!

Options

Replies

• AmyC2288
    AmyC2288 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing! Thank you for sharing your story- it's an inspiration for us all.
  • will200
    will200 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation and story. I liked your comment of: "1,200 high quality calories per day' I makes me wonder of the body's abortion/utilization of those 1,200 calories vs "3,000 low quality calories:"
  • GemimaFitzTed
    GemimaFitzTed Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful success story. Congratulations on your journey- you look amazing and your story is an inspiration!
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Amazing congrats on your hard work!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    Options
    :heart: Love this! Well done, OP.
  • queenoscots
    queenoscots Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful story and I am proud of you and your journey. Two years ago my husband had 2 heart attacks and consequent by-pass surgery. After that we totally changed our eating habits and were exercising 7 days a week with mostly walking 2 miles each day. I dropped 40 lbs and was loving it. He reached his goal sooner then I did and he was maintaining with his eating and when he stopped, I stopped. I have since put 25 lbs back on, which just makes me sad. Last year was a hard year all around and he was working out of town for the majority of the summer and I was left at home to graze, which I did and that is where most of the weight gain came from. Add that to this long cold, snowy winter we are experiencing and it has been a struggle to get back on the bandwagon again. I got on this app today to start afresh and after reading your story, I am inspired. I too have thought of surgery, but I keep telling myself that I did it once, without and I can do it again. We still walk 8-14 miles a week even with this weather, so now it is the eating I need to get back under control. Thanks for giving me hope!

Good for you, keeping active during the winter! I live in PA, and the weather has been awful here as well. I never wanted to join a gym, but I had no choice this winter. Best of luck to you!
  • queenoscots
    queenoscots Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    will200 wrote: »
    Amazing transformation and story. I liked your comment of: "1,200 high quality calories per day' I makes me wonder of the body's abortion/utilization of those 1,200 calories vs "3,000 low quality calories:"

I'm not sure, but I believe if I'm only consuming 1,200 calories per day, they need to be doing the best possible work for my body.
  • babysaffy
    babysaffy Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on doing it all yourself. So much respect is due!
  • kzshelbi
    kzshelbi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Good job! This is truly inspiring .
  • kristingjertsen
    kristingjertsen Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your transformation! You made the right decision.
  • 2_FitNFab
    2_FitNFab Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You should be very proud of yourself! Great job!
  • aleakiA
    aleakiA Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wonderful story. Congratulations!
  • TsugaMom
    TsugaMom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. This is a huge achievement. You should be very proud.
  • onematch
    onematch Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You must feel amazing! And you look fantastic!!!
  • tamathaj
    tamathaj Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration! I’m 52 with arthritis and you give me hope that I someday will be able to ride my bike again! Thanks for sharing!
  • Fit2_T
    Fit2_T Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing. You give me hope!
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    so inspiring. Good luck to you and your future.
  • bigbandjohn
    bigbandjohn Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I know it's hard work, but keep it up!
  • wendhall
    wendhall Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great!, very inspiring! I am now 50 with a good amount of pain and arthritis as well. I like too that you have not cut out any food group, I also do not want to cut food groups and find your post very motivating!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!