Quick easy breakfasts...not eggs.

Options
What do you eat? I would like something that keeps me going till lunch.

Are there any pre made shakes you drink? I'd like something I can grab on the go?

Thanks

Kelly

Replies

• angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats? I use oats, chia seeds and summer fruits soaked in milk/water overnight can be eaten cold but I heat mine up
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Protein enriched cereal for me
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I don't get to the FF places myself, but it is hard to beat a McD's Egg McMuffin at 300 calories for a balanced meal.

https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/product/egg-mcmuffin.html
  • miss_goodwin
    miss_goodwin Posts: 7 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Chia seeds expand in your stomach like rice so maybe they make a Greek yogurt with chia and oats??? The fiber should make u feel fuller.
  • ecmorgan78
    ecmorgan78 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I hate eggs too!! I'm a busy college student so all of these can still fit into an on-the-go lifestyle

My fav breakfasts:

1) 40g oats with banana and nut butter
    2) avocado toast with yogurt, berries, and sausage links**** THE BEST
    3) Nut butter toast with banana
    4) The brand Pure Protein has canned protein shakes that fill me up https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002XULCAM/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
    5) Breakfast burrito! Scramble veggies and whatever protein you want, serve in a tortilla
    6) Protein bar and banana
    7) Greek yogurt with granola and berries

Another important note: you can eat whatever the heck you want for breakfast! I love breakfast-y type foods but it can feel restrictive sometimes to only choose from a certain set of foods. If you are in love with dinner food then eat dinner food :)

• HereToLose50
    HereToLose50 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Liquid does not keep me full longer than 30-60 minutes, so shakes are a diet fail for me. I'd rather start with water or black coffee and save tons of calories if I'm not ready to eat food yet.

Little turkey sausage links are low calorie, quick and portable. They can be on a quick sandwich by slicing them lengthwise, toasting an English muffin and adding a slice of ultrathin cheddar cheese or wedge laughing cow cheese. They would work in a wrap with some veggies too. Calories are great for a start to the day depending on no breads or bread choice.

Sometimes I eat leftover meat and veggies. Sometimes some full fat yogurt with fruit and nuts mixed in - need something in there to stay full longer. Nonfat yogurts are not much better than a liquid meal as far as how long I stay full. Sometimes I have cottage cheese with some veggies on the side.

Breakfast foods don't have to be what food manufacturers advertise as breakfast 😊
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I make protein cheesecake each Sunday night and have a slice every weekday morning of the week (makes 6 slices). I add fat free whipped cream with either strawberries or PB2 mixed in to the slice. It comes in around 250 calories and so yummy!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10500016/low-calorie-protein-cheesecake/p1[/url]
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Flavored oatmeal packet at 130-160 calories.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Shakes would not keep me going until lunch, in fact I can't think of much that would. I'll always need a snack in between. Oatmeal, yoghurt and fruit, toast and avocado or hummus, spaghetti, a sandwich, I mean, you can eat anything at all.
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I eat the same thing every morning (I like the set routine).

2 slices whole grains bread, toasted, with 2 triangles of light cheese spread. Depending on what brand of bread I use it's 190-210 calories. And then a cup of flavored bean coffee with splenda.
  • annshandle
    annshandle Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I do a greek yogurt and 1/3 cup granola. It comes in under 300 calories. In the summer I'll also do fresh berries.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy and don't want to think at 4:30 am.

Quaker oatmeal, Maple and Brown sugar flavoured, and a glass of 1% milk mixed with chocolate protein powder that I mix in a 2 liter jug ahead of time so I can just shake it and pour a glass. Gives me 53g of protein for 475 cals before I start my day.

And black coffee.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese -- with or without toppings or stir-ins of berries or veggies or seeds.
  • Iamnotasenior
    Iamnotasenior Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing for breakfast every morning because it is the only thing I've found that keeps me full until lunch. One "Ezekial 4:9" muffin with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter spread on it. The muffin itself has 160 calories, 4 grams of protein and 16 grams of carbs and 3 grams of fiber. The peanut butter adds 190 calories, another 7 grams of protein and 2 grams of fiber for a total of 11 grams of protein and 5 grams fiber for the meal. That's a 350 calorie breakfast that you carry in one hand that has the same amount of protein as two eggs. You can find the muffins in most grocery stores in the "natural foods" section in the freezer case. They contain no preservatives, so they are frozen/refrigerated to keep them fresh. It's the combination of high fiber and protein that works for me.
  • stricklee11
    stricklee11 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Flavored oatmeal (160 calories per instant pack) or a turkey sandwich with only mustard between 2 slices of bread low in calories (i.e <70 cal/slice).

I usually make a small batch of soup on Sundays and eat a bowl for breakfast I get to work. They normally range from 180-230 calories a bowl and keep me full until lunch time.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I'll do a sugar free instant oatmeal packet with fruit stirred in at times. Bananas, mangoes, berries...all good choices.

Another idea is Greek yogurt topped with granola. You can experiment with flavor combos.

And I just saw awesome recipes for either a French Toast Bake or Protein French Toast on YouTube. I'll usually look at Weight Watchers' recipes on YouTube for inspiration as they tend to be low calorie.
  • yasiral
    yasiral Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup oats cooked in almond milk. topped with berries and chia seeds. I also add protein powder.

385 calories, 34 grams proteins
  • LisaLethal
    LisaLethal Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am all about Pure Fit Peanut Butter Crunch protein bar along with an iced tea. The iced tea helps keep me full and the protein bar just plain tastes good.