Do you find weightloss easier with food prepping?

Options
2»

Replies

• TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I eat the same breakfast and lunch Monday - Friday only because I'm lazy and am perfectly happy to eat the same thing five days a week. Doesn't need "prepping" either. Toast for breakfast, rice, tuna and peas for lunch.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of meal planning and always prelog which has been a help. I don't meal prep as such but I normally cook at least 2 meals worth when making dinner so I am not cooking every night and plan those cook free nights around busy days.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    Not for me personally.

I have tried it several times and can definitely see the benefits but it just doesn't seem to fit me.

To begin with I tend to not know what I want to eat until I'm ready to eat. This means that most of the time when meal time comes round I don't feel like eating what was prepped and get left in the fridge to eventually get tossed out.
  • bluesheeponahill
    bluesheeponahill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Meal planning Defintely helped here. I pick everything up on Sunday and prep for the week. I have 2 kids on top of that. So life is busy. And planning meals around what’s happening makes it easier not to fall into the takeaway crap.

We do do takeaway because it’s enjoyable from time to time, but I don’t want to rely on it when I’m tired. We have to have really fried up the timing to get home in time for dinner to have unplanned takeaway
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    It has definitely helped me. I started out like you, buying and wasting a lot of food to make sure I had variety and choice at any given moment. This gave way into not full meal prepping but more ingredient prepping, and I would jot down the general idea for 3 meals for 3 days ahead at a time. More recently this has become full on meal prep and I am loving it. I'm not at the store every five minutes, and compress all that time wondering and cooking into about 90 minutes every 4 days or so. I am also wasting practically no food at all. I super recommend working towards it, for all these practical advantages but also because taking that food choice paralysis out of the equation when hungry is also very helpful for adherence.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I meal prep, but not in some fancy way. I just cook everything on Sundays and put them in containers for breakfast and lunch. And then I have a general plan for dinner throughout the week. It takes up only an hour of my time on Sunday.
    eta: Everything is all weighed out per portion as well. so I know my macros for the week.
  • tiffanyleilarsen
    tiffanyleilarsen Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I cant meal prep. It makes the whole process so much harder. I found premade things that I like and fit in my diet so that things are easier, not harder. I also like to eat something I'm craving for dinner... if I meal prep than I never get what I'm craving, and than I cheat and binge.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I meal prep and plan! It is the only way I would make it through the week without going way off track. I prep breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snacks (if needed). Dinner I cook three times a week (Saturday, Sunday, and Thursday).

For an example this is what I prepped for this week:
    Breakfast: Veggie hash (potatoes, bell pepper, onion, and zucchini) and scrambled eggs (undercook them and reheating doesn't turn them rubbery)
    Lunch: Chicken and broccoli with zucchini noodles

Then I had/have planned:
    Snack: Yogurt
    Saturday dinner: Halibut over pasta florentine
    Sunday dinner: Creamy cajun chicken pasta lightened up
    Thursday: Tacos with roasted zucchini
  • stricklee11
    stricklee11 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily meal prep. However, I have the same dinner & breakfast almost every day and my lunches are usually some type of meat with a side of steamed veggies or salad. It makes it easier not to default to a quick meal at a fast food place if I have the "bones" of my meals available so to speak. Even my snacks are usually the same types of items (piece of fruit and salty snack like rice cakes, pretzels, baked chips). So far so good and I still get enough variation through out the week.