No takeaway for a month

Options
Ok so my myself and hubby love a takeaway. We get one atleast once a week for our date night in (can’t go out as we have a young child) and I realised last night that it’s becoming a habit and part of our routine. So I’ve decided from tomorrow for a whole month I’m going to not get takeaway and instead put the money we would have spent on the takeaway into our spare bank account and see how much we save. I’ve still been maintaining my weight but some days I have to eat so little so I can have this takeaway. I’ve decided it’s not healthy and takeaway is only food that I can cook at home for a lot cheaper and healthier.
Hopefully my hubby will be on board but I’m going to be strict and get all the ingredients in every week so they are there and ready to be used.
I just hope I don’t cave as my hubby is a light weight and caves easily.
Fingers crossed 🤞🤞

Replies

• zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    If you think it will benefit you in some way then no harm in trying it. Personally, I enjoy the break from cooking and look forward to our once or twice a week meals out, so I just chose food options that fit in with my calorie and nutritional goals. We factor in the eating out into our budget so that's not an issue.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    It's certainly a fun challenge, however there's nothing wrong with working in takeaway either. Then again, sometimes homemade versions can taste better and it can be easier to track calories-wise since you know what you used and how much.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    It was a bad habit for us too - we agreed to limit it to the last Friday of the month to break the habit when I started dieting. It was absolutely worthwhile and I'm glad we got out of the habit.

These days (5 or 6 years later) I eat takeout a few times a year (if that) and my husband limits it to bar food on Saturdays. We're both happy with that.