NSV - Sunroof and Perseid meteor shower

Options
As I discovered last night at 2:30am, I can now fit through the sunroof of my car. hehe. :) I stood on the center armrest thing and slipped through the sunroof to watch the Perseid meteor shower, last night.

I used to watch the stars while sitting on the center armrest, and just peaking my head out - because I was too big to fit through (without pain). But now I'm small enough to fit through the opening, so I can stand all the way up and even turn around when I'm standing there. Yay!

(I like being in the safety of my locked car, in the middle of the night in the middle of the country - so no man-eating-monsters can get me (like stray dogs or coyotes or murderers - yes, I'm 31 and still scared of the dark. lol). As an added bonus, you can leave the car running in winter time so you're still half-heated!)

Next time I should research how much weight the top of my car (Mazda CX-7) can hold without denting, and then bring a blanket and pillow! hehe.

p.s. If you missed it, you'll still be able to see the meteor shower, tonight, as well.

Replies

• SarahIluvatariel
    SarahIluvatariel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    And it's a new/smaller-jeans-week (I went shopping last weekend). Always so fun!
    So that's two NSV's after a seeming drought of NSVs. Yay for progress.
  • lorielovehailey
    lorielovehailey Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Such an amazing feeling!!
  • clarinetmajor
    clarinetmajor Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! So proud of you!
  • swisseler
    swisseler Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    This absolutely made my day. I love meteor showers. And I'm so happy for you.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I love stargazing, too, and I have also faced not being able to fit out of the sunroof! Congrats - that is awesome!
  • dvelocity
    dvelocity Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Very cool! Great Job!.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!