Throw the scale away!!!!

Options
BethMarieVA
BethMarieVA Posts: 64 Member
edited February 2019 in Success Stories
For the longest time I have been obsessed with the numbers on my scale. I started working out with weights about 4 months ago and have been amazed with the transformation in my body.

When looking at this progress picture it is hard to believe that I am only 3.5 pounds lighter. That's right, I have only lost 3.5 pounds during this 4 month period, but the change in my body has been unbelievable! I have dropped a full pant size and feel amazing!

I will no longer be tied to my scale and from this point on will measure my success by the way my clothes feel and through pictures! If you are having a hard time with your scale just stop getting on it!!! Let your body tell you how you are doing instead!

Cheers to Non Scale Victories!! Stay strong everyone, you are doing great!!

Replies

• kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Great job! Yay for your NSV!!!
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    how happy are you that you took the before photo!! You look great!
  • inherentst0rm
    inherentst0rm Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You look amazing in both tbh, but great progress!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Yes...a difference in both images...point well taken!
  • BethMarieVA
    BethMarieVA Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    amfmmama wrote: »
    how happy are you that you took the before photo!! You look great!
    So thankful!!!

• Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Way to go! :)
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    That’s 3.5 pounds? Holy cow. You look like you lost 20!
  • sistrsprkl8097
    sistrsprkl8097 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    U look great! I’m at a healthy weight & have decided to do a recomp. I’d rather be strong than skinny 😁
  • c4therineB
    c4therineB Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Has the pic been removed or is it just me? I can't see anything. 😮
  • Laviegurl25
    Laviegurl25 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Completely agree!! I haven’t lost much from what the scale shows but in pictures it’s apparent that I am shrinking. Way to go! And great words of advice!
  • babysaffy
    babysaffy Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    This is great! Thanks for posting!
  • classic2o
    classic2o Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bravo OP .. you certainly are smaller! Thanks for the post.. I need to follow your advice!
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Great work! Inspiring!
  • jean133mjg
    jean133mjg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    That's part of my own problem; I've given the number on the scale, the power to control my attitude for the day. It's amazing how I've given an inanimate object more power than my own abilities.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Tell me about working with weights.... what are you doing?
  • lovefrenchies
    lovefrenchies Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I agree! I detest the scale and think it is so destructive - at least it is to me. Either you think you're not doing well enough, or you've done so well you can eat something you normally wouldn't/shouldn't. Someone said "the scale is a lyin' liar that lies," and I agree! I weighed myself on the day I started, but I honestly can't foresee the day when I will weigh myself again. I'm just not going to do that to myself. I know I am losing by how I look and how my clothes fit. I don't need to know more than that.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    jean133mjg wrote: »
    That's part of my own problem; I've given the number on the scale, the power to control my attitude for the day. It's amazing how I've given an inanimate object more power than my own abilities.

Oh man, this is me 100%. :(
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!