Shoes or a Dishwasher

Options
MistressSara
MistressSara Posts: 2,341 Member
edited February 2019 in Chit-Chat
No clickbait here

If you had to choose between a pair of vintage, lace-up, high heeled, oxblood doc martens and replacing the dishwasher, which would it be?

Feel free to elaborate and share personal anecdotes.

ETA: the boots are knee high. That makes a difference, I know

Replies

• RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    No clickbait here

If you had to choose between a pair of vintage, lace-up, high heeled, oxblood doc martens and replacing the dishwasher, which would it be?

Please ETA a photo of both. It makes a difference. I'm a visual person ;)
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Does the old dishwasher still work and can it be expected to work (despite making noises, requiring pre-washing, or some other condition) for a little bit longer?
  • RomaineCalm
    edited February 2019
    Options
    No clickbait here

Please ETA a photo of both. It makes a difference. I'm a visual person ;)

The boots are similar to these but more worn

The dishwasher is just a plain white i don’t even know what brand thingy.

How much do you hate washing dishes by hand versus how amazing will these boots make you feel?
    I'd probably hand wash the dishes because I love how a pair of sexy shoes can make me feel like a total badass.
  • CharlieCharlie007
    CharlieCharlie007 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Just replaced the dishwasher, if you are buying, make sure it is silent.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    A functioning dishwasher is very important to me. If my wife were making this decision and our dishwasher ceased to work, I would make it very clear who's responsibility the dirty dishes would fall on. As a family of 4, we can make a lot of dirty dishes in pretty short order.

Well, it hasn’t worked in over a year and I do all the dishes for a large-ish family anyway.

Boots it is!

I do most of the cooking...my wife does most of the hand washing (pots/pans,etc) and I'm usually the one to empty the dishwasher or we do it together. Cleaning the bathrooms and kitchen are my responsibility...my wife does the vacuuming and dusting...I usually do the mopping after the vacuuming (lots of hard surface floors).
  • Den_of_Iniquity
    Den_of_Iniquity Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Much rather see you wearing the shoes than the dishwasher
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I think those Doc Martens are absolutely hideous (sorry), but I would choose the dishwasher anyway!

No need to be sorry, each to her own! 😁

Yes! I just came back to this thread because that felt harsh but I see it the same way. Wanted to add that I have some very similar boots but without the high heel and love them! To each their own absolutely.
  • RomaineCalm
    Options
    A functioning dishwasher is very important to me. If my wife were making this decision and our dishwasher ceased to work, I would make it very clear who's responsibility the dirty dishes would fall on. As a family of 4, we can make a lot of dirty dishes in pretty short order.

Well, it hasn’t worked in over a year and I do all the dishes for a large-ish family anyway.

Boots it is!

Wear the boots while washing dishes.

OR once you get those kids programmed to do the washing, wear the boots while lounging on the couch and watching them do the dishes.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options

Boots it is!

I do most of the cooking...my wife does most of the hand washing (pots/pans,etc) and I'm usually the one to empty the dishwasher or we do it together. Cleaning the bathrooms and kitchen are my responsibility...my wife does the vacuuming and dusting...I usually do the mopping after the vacuuming (lots of hard surface floors).

You two have a really nice partnership sounds like

Did you ever get those chickens?

Nope, we nixed the chickens. We might look at it again if/when the kiddos become a little more responsible, but I was quickly realizing I'd be up early in the mornings tending to chickens before work everyday and that would cut into my coffee and read the news time.

We just adopted a Jack Russell Terrier back in October...he's a family dog, but really he's mostly my 8 years old's buddy. He's been pretty good with here in regards to feeding, etc...but we do have to remind him frequently that part of his responsibility is getting her some exercise...he's getting there.