Having trouble losing

Options
Hi y’all,

So, I am back at it again after regaining 30-35 lbs after a stressfull year.

I have been keeping my calorie intake to 1200-1300 on non workout days and around 1400 on workout days. I do cardio with a minimum of 400 calorie burn, 5 days a week. I have started adding in strength training with a trainer and signed up for orange theory, although I think the combo is overkill as I could barely make it through yesterdays OT class as My legs were way too sore from the trainer. Anyways, I am eating clean, keeping my carb intake moderate and mainly coming from fruits and grain free bread. Tons of water. The scale hasn’t budged in a week, in fact it’s gone up.

What gives?? 😥

Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    What is “hasn’t dropped much” in numbers?
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    what is "not much" in 6 weeks?
  • Jflowwers
    Jflowwers Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    @Duck_Puddle fluctuated between 3-5 lbs
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Jflowwers wrote: »
    Wow, people are liking the Eat less advice when I am eating at a minimum. I thought this was supposed to be about positivity and support?

The woo is not a positive response, haha.
  • Jflowwers
    Jflowwers Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am weighing myself everyday and logging my average once a week.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Wow, people are liking the Eat less advice when I am eating at a minimum. I thought this was supposed to be about positivity and support?

I see 6 "woos" on that comment and zero likes? Woo isn't a cheer; it's an admonishment. I'm not sure where you're seeing the likes there.

And now someone has flagged it, which is definitely not how the flags are supposed to be used (unless they've changed it? I thought it was for things like nudity or hate speech only?)
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

no. woo is NOT woohoo a positive.
    Woo is a negative sentiment. "bad/non science"

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10623894/the-origin-and-meaning-of-woo

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Panini911 wrote: »

no. woo is NOT woohoo a positive.
    Woo is a negative sentiment. "bad/non science"

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10623894/the-origin-and-meaning-of-woo

Yeah, they made it gentler, but if you hover over the "woo" on desktop, the link preview shows the id as "wtf" lol.