So i have 942 calories left for the day... suggestions

Options
so tonight i have 942 calories left for the day. Tonight i also have a Peloton cycle class i am taking. (my diary is open so you can see for yourself)

my question is, my carbs are almost to the limit. Should i not care about that and just care about calories even though my carb count will go over the limit?

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    i have been craving a good pb and j samdwhich but haven’t been willing to sacrifice the 400 cals so i’d start with that ;)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I'd get Panda Express. Double orange chicken and veggies for the side. In fact, that might be dinner tonight. Mmmmmhhhmmmm!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    with the amount of fat you have left - i would go for a nice juicy steak; and then also some ice cream
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    taco bowl? some sort of meat with taco seasoning, cilantro, avocado, salsa
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Clam chowder and an IPA. Should do it.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Eat them if you need them, otherwise maybe they will finance another day’s overage.
  • heavenlee816
    heavenlee816 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    jdog022 wrote: »
    I have 600 calories still but I just don't feel like eating, I hope this wont slow my metabolism down?

Metabolic adaptation occurs over extremely long periods of time in a caloric deficit. And even then it’s really just your body subconsciously fidgeting less, moving less and being less motivated to do things. One day not eating all your calories has zero impact on your metabolism

Good to know. Thanks :smile:
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    I have 600 calories still but I just don't feel like eating, I hope this wont slow my metabolism down?

Metabolic adaptation occurs over extremely long periods of time in a caloric deficit. And even then it’s really just your body subconsciously fidgeting less, moving less and being less motivated to do things. One day not eating all your calories has zero impact on your metabolism

Wow so why does everyone say a slow metabolism is a myth> when that isn’t exactly true.

Why is this not true?
  • garystrickland357
    garystrickland357 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Panini911 wrote: »
    i have been craving a good pb and j banana samdwhich but haven’t been willing to sacrifice the 400 cals so i’d start with that ;)

That’s where I would start. :)
  • garystrickland357
    garystrickland357 Posts: 598 Member
    Options

There answer is always tacos.

But if you want to win the race later, carbs won't hurt. :wink:

Dang, you’re not wrong either.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,703 Member
    Options
    A bag of Ghiardelli mint squares is 10 @ 70 calories apiece. There’s 700 right there. I used to could put a sack of those away in the blink of an eye.

I was noticing it because I get to up my calories a bit and found myself picking up everything at the grocery store this afternoon and day dreaming. I put those bad boys back down. Once I start, I wouldn’t quit. Why fall back into bad habits? I know it’s supposed to be all woo to say sugar is addictive, but.......
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat them. You can leave them as a nice deficit.
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »

Wow so why does everyone say a slow metabolism is a myth> when that isn’t exactly true.

But it’s not your metabolism itself slowing down. It’s still burning the same amount of calories it always has. In fact it becomes even more efficient in creating ATP. It’s your overall output that slows down by moving less in an effort to save calories. Dramatic increase in hunger at very lean levels. You can push past that tho

People who blame their “ broken metabolism” for their inability to lose weight is certainly a myth