How/when does MFP revise your daily calorie goals?

Options
From my understanding, MFP reduces the number of calories you should consume daily as you lose weight. Does anyone know how often or at what intervals of weight loss this occurs?

Replies

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    It doesn't do this automatically. You have to go update your diet profile and then save your update, and it will recalculate your goals based on your current weight. You can do this as often as little as you choose. MFP will send you reminders around every 10 pounds or so, which is when they recommend to update it.
  • stricklee11
    stricklee11 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »
    It doesn't do this automatically. You have to go update your diet profile and then save your update, and it will recalculate your goals based on your current weight. You can do this as often as little as you choose. MFP will send you reminders around every 10 pounds or so, which is when they recommend to update it.

I update my weight on a weekly basis. Would that prompt a revision?
  • suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    If MFP has given you 1200 calories a day it will not go down at all because this is the minimum amount.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options

No, it doesn't update when you change your weight. You have to specifically update your diet and fitness profile in the Settings tab.

50u3f9xlfhj2.png
  • stricklee11
    stricklee11 Posts: 218 Member
    Options

No, it doesn't update when you change your weight. You have to specifically update your diet and fitness profile in the Settings tab.

50u3f9xlfhj2.png

Thanks for your help!!!! I just did this and it gave me a downward revision of 40 calories.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,060 Member
    Options

50u3f9xlfhj2.png

Thanks for your help!!!! I just did this and it gave me a downward revision of 40 calories.

((eHug))

I hate when it does that. :lol:
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options

50u3f9xlfhj2.png

((eHug))

I hate when it does that. :lol:

Right?!
    Yay, I lost weight! 🤩
    Aww... bye bye calorie allowance 😩