Stalled weight loss

I lost 15 lbs in 2 weeks. I have done brisk 45 minute walks every single day. Suddenly the scale will not budge. Any real ideas of how to jumpstart the weight loss again?

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,104 Member
    Patience, the majority of that 15lbs will be water weight, a healthy rate of loss is 1-2lbs per week but that's an average over time, you won't see movement on the scale every week.

As long as you're logging your food accurately to a calorie goal set for weight loss you will lose weight, just not overnight.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    15 pounds in 2 weeks is a lot of weight, and is not normal or sustainable. Most of that was likely water weight. So your body is probably recovering some of that now. Give it some more time.
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Everyone experiences weight loss plateaus, so don't panic. You'll probably see a decrease on your scale again in the next two weeks, if you keep up your logging and exercise just as you are. I'd suggest slowing down your rate of loss anyway. I lost on average 2 pounds a week over 5 months, and lost a lot of muscle tone despite weight lifting. A word to the wise: be patient!
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    lots of great comments above. 15lbs in two week is a CRAZY fast speed of loss, that cannot go on for long. based on your photo you don't look like you have that much to loose either (i.e. you dont' appear to be obese) so 1-2lbs/a week at most is what you should be looking at.

basically don't change anything but your expectations ;)