Looking for a weight loss partner

Options
Hello everybody,

I have exactly 21 weeks until my 30th birthday and I really want to go into it right. I've been over weight for the majority of my life, so, it would be pretty nice to be headed in the right direction before I turn 30. I'm really not stressing the amount of weight I lose. I would rather take it slow and steady, but I do have a goal of losing 42 lbs by then; that would put me in at 199. If I don't, that's ok, I'm really not going to be all that upset, I just really want to start losing the fat and getting healthier.

My plan is to eat 1500 calories a day and burn 500 calories via swimming, walking, aerobic videos, etc.

If anyone is on a similar journey as me and would like to keep tabs on each other, I would love to hear from you.

In short, I am
Current weight: 241lbs
Goal weight: 199 lbs
Weight loss goal: -42 lbs
Plan: Consume 1500 calories Burn 500 through exercise

Replies

• IM_in_training
    IM_in_training Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Mia!
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hi I am 29 (just turned 17th of February) started the year with 52lbs to lose have lost 10 so far. Have lots of mini goals to help me stay motivated goal 1 get into a new stone bracket (tick) goal 2 lose 1 stone etc
    Start weight: 192lbs
    Current weight: 182
    Ultimate Goal weight: 140
  • SunLovinMia
    SunLovinMia Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Mia!

Thank you :smile:

angelsja wrote: »
    Hi I am 29 (just turned 17th of February) started the year with 52lbs to lose have lost 10 so far. Have lots of mini goals to help me stay motivated goal 1 get into a new stone bracket (tick) goal 2 lose 1 stone etc

Congratulation on your 10 lbs loss! I set goals for myself, my issue is following through with them. What have you been doing to lose the weight so far?
  • clearvisions
    clearvisions Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on shedding 10 pounds! That's awesome! I lose a few and gain them back. Still trying. Have about the same amount of weight to lose as you do. Would love to partner in this. It's much easier when you're young. You get old, like me, and it's a struggle.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    trying to exist on 1000 calories isn't healthy
  • angelsja
    Options
    Good luck, Mia!

Thank you :smile:

angelsja wrote: »

Congratulation on your 10 lbs loss! I set goals for myself, my issue is following through with them. What have you been doing to lose the weight so far?

Just following mfp and exercising (mainly so I can eat more) I've put 2 stone on I did go from 15stone to 11.5 now back to 13 ultimate goal is 10 stone (140lbs)
  • eagu345
    eagu345 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good luck I’m also on a weight loss journey to lose 20 lbs by May. I lost 20 lbs in a few months by cutting out all junk foods. I’ve started exercising 4 times a week and eating a low carb diet. Let me know how your progress goes.
  • tarablyawsum
    tarablyawsum Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    If you guys add me I would like to join the effort. Not sure why I can't add people.
  • angelsja
    edited February 2019
    Options
    If you guys add me I would like to join the effort. Not sure why I can't add people.

Tap their name and their name & pic comes up then tap name again then people the symbol on the right