My Breakfast Any Suggestions

Options
2»

Replies

• rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Your breakfast breadown makes me so glad that I no longer use sugar or creamer in my coffee! So many extra calories to eat!

Back to the topic:
    I always struggle with protein, so I try to eat cottage cheese several times a week for breakfast. I don’t like it by itself, so I’ll add fruit to it, or yogurt.

I second oatmeal. I do the overnight oatmeal and add all sorts of thing: fruit or yogurt or chia seeds or cocoa, or some peanut butter...endless possibilities... Istart with about a quarter cut of large flake oats and go from there.
  • courtneyaleen
    courtneyaleen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I try to really “get it in” for breakfast at 6 am on the weekdays because, it is normally 6 hrs until my lunch break at work. My go-to has recently been: avacado on 1 slice gluten free toast with 2 poached eggs OR a muesli mix soaked in almond milk, and then a fruit (sometimes with a few almonds) anytime before 10am. I drink Premier Protein in my coffee or, plain half n half in a pinch. I think the key to cutting sugar in coffee is, drink better tasting coffee!
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    The dressing states 30cal for all three tablespoons, so that’s correct if you are only using 1tbsp as you said it’s 30cal per. But if you are indeed using 3 tbsp then that would be 90cal. I know you’re not here to have your diary critiqued but flagging things like this helps others who are having trouble with weight loss plateaus due to inaccurate logging.

A mid-morning banana for energy giving carbs or a glug of Kefir for protein & probiotics might be good for you.
  • HereToLose50
    HereToLose50 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    I wish I could find a 30 calorie sausage

I get the little turkey sausage links that are 3 links for 100 calories. They are good. *They are not like how turkey bacon isn't bacon tasting at all.😆
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,008 Member
    Options
    rosiorama wrote: »
    Your breakfast breadown makes me so glad that I no longer use sugar or creamer in my coffee! So many extra calories to eat!

Back to the topic:
    I always struggle with protein, so I try to eat cottage cheese several times a week for breakfast. I don’t like it by itself, so I’ll add fruit to it, or yogurt.

I second oatmeal. I do the overnight oatmeal and add all sorts of thing: fruit or yogurt or chia seeds or cocoa, or some peanut butter...endless possibilities... Istart with about a quarter cut of large flake oats and go from there.

Since the OP says she is looking to add more calories to her breakfast, I don't see the point of criticizing her use of sugar and cream in her coffee (other than the obvious yuck factor of ruining coffee by putting sugar in it. :)
  • merekins
    merekins Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha! Just posted this in another thread and then saw complaint of 70 calorie creamer here. To each their own.
    “Same. Breakfast in general tends to trigger overeating the rest of the day. Is definitely pattern when I go through diary. The days I struggle to not snack or tend to want to keep eating, are the days I have breakfast. My best breakfast is a 240 calorie latte. I may be drinking my calories here but it works for me. Am sure it’s just the protein/fat that makes difference. If I know I have a higher calorie day ahead of me, eating out/party, I just have a double espresso with a tablespoon of heavy whipping cream. That works too but I tend to prefer having my latte as part of morning ritual. It makes me happy.”
  • JCoop9
    JCoop9 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You could add nuts or seeds, hemp hearts to your salad
  • heavenlee816
    heavenlee816 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have made my dairy public if anyone wants to add me. I took all the tips to heart and cut the creamer from my coffee and added protein power instead also added some whole grain toast with a half avocado. Also, I tried some overnight oats. YUM, and it gave me a ton of energy!