I’m not feeling sore after some specific workouts

Hello

So I recently just started working out again after a hectic month.
I’ve been working out at home for a week now and I notice that I’m not feeling sore on the abs which is very weird.

I do leg raises, sit ups, heel touchers, russian twists and more. I do all of them at the same amount of 20 reps 3 sets. My routine is to do it 2 days in a row and have a 1 day rest then start again.

The thing is I do arms and legs workout too and I feel that nice soreness every time, a day after the workout. But for abs, I felt very sore on the first 2 days only but then after that I don’t feel it at all even though during the workout my abs would feel VERY tired like it should, plus I’m not feeling any pain where I shouldn’t. I just don’t feel the post workout soreness on my abs!

Has this happened to you? Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? I used to feel it all the time though. If you have any tips, suggestions, advice or any info then feel free to share!

Thank you.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Yep. Being sore means nothing. Don't use it as a sign of anything.

I only get sore if I stop working out for a week or so, and then start back up. Then I might be sore the first workout.
  • rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    edited February 2019
    You could try adding weight to some movements, or incline/declines to make them more difficult.

Not feeling “pain” doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t get a workout. By the same token, more reps isn’t necessarily better either, depending on your goals.

If you used to feel it after these exercises, but don’t anymore might mean you’re stronger now and it doesn’t challenge you anymore.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    I do a lot of abs as part of my classes, and I rarely feel sore from them. Yesterday I did SO MUCH abs and I don't really feel anything today. But I know I got a good workout for them. Don't use soreness as an indicator of anything. You can get a plenty good workout and not be sore afterwards.
  • Ed_Zilla
    Ed_Zilla Posts: 207 Member
    OP - I have the same experience with distance swimming for time. While not specifically sore in any particular place, I do feel "very-well-used" for a day or so following a good, hard workout...

i.e. - Soreness is not required
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Unfortunately the thought of needing to feel sore or even "dead" after working out is a spewed myth that you actually accomplished work towards your goals.

Hence why people have a bitter dislike for those who train people with the intent of making them feel wrecked afterwards.

While feeling sore isn't a bad thing, it shouldn't be the determining factor of if you did enough.