Need to stay the course...Need motivation....Busy Mom

Options
Hey everyone! I must preface this by saying that I'm not bashing on my husband...he works really hard for our family. But, due to his commute (1 hour each way) and 8 hour day, most of the day to day stuff falls on me. Meal planning, shopping, and cooking to be very specific.

By the time I get home from work, pick up my daughter from school, and get a workout in, it's 5-6PM and I'm starting dinner and winding down for the night. If I waited for my husband to get home, we wouldn't eat until well after 8PM. It gets exhausting that it all falls on me.

I can't even get him to plan a dump and go crockpot meal he could throw in before leaving for the day. The days in the past I have assigned to him end up being eating out days. Which, isn't horrible, but since we're trying to save money, eating out multiple times a week isn't the best health wise and budget wise.

How do fellow busy parents make it work? I do know for March that I am going to start working out in the AM two days a week. That way, the evenings are free for prepping and cooking.

Replies

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Plan the whole week out and prep on Sunday. Have everything pre-cooked or ready to go. Use grocery delivery if available in your area. Use the money you save on eating out for a cleaning lady once a week or every other week. Working out in the mornings is a great idea. Get everything ready the night before. Lay out your work and gym clothes, have your bag packed and ready to go so you just need to roll out of bed and hit the door. Also, plan your workouts for the week ahead of time as well. You can definitely make this work!
  • Nicki_pick
    Nicki_pick Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Girl... I so relate to this post! Everything falls on me too with my commuting, over time working hubs, 3 kids and working long hours myself. It's utterly exhausting. I'm going to add you here, and hopefully we can inspire each other.