Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Not seeing results

Hello there! I started my weightless journey in September. I wanted to lose 30 lbs by the end of April for a vacation I am going on. It was going well until the weghtloss stopped. I decided to start working out last month and started with just yoga. About three weeks ago we got an elliptical which I use 6 days a week for at least 30 minutes and I added dumbbells and resistance bands to my workout. I do yoga 3 days a week and my resistance bands 3 days week. I have also reduced my calories to 1200-1400 a day. I know not to expect drastic changes but I was hoping to feel better in my clothes. I got on the scale and I have only lost 1 lb in a month. Is there anything else I can he doing to help my process?

Replies

• Britsydavidson
    Britsydavidson Posts: 4 Member
    I lost 10 lbs which was probably just water weight. The last time I lost weight was 2.5 weeks ago. I use a scale for meat so I don't eat more than 4 oz and I use a small plate and bowl so I don't go over my portions. I know I'm probably not losing weight because I am building muscle but I was really hoping to fit in my clothes a little better by now.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I lost 10 lbs which was probably just water weight. The last time I lost weight was 2.5 weeks ago. I use a scale for meat so I don't eat more than 4 oz and I use a small plate and bowl so I don't go over my portions. I know I'm probably not losing weight because I am building muscle but I was really hoping to fit in my clothes a little better by now.

Do you weigh anything besides meat?
  • Britsydavidson
    I don't weight my veggies but I do use a measuring cup
  • Britsydavidson
    Okay! I will do the food scale with everything from now on. Hopefully it works. 😊
  • natedogg076
    natedogg076 Posts: 4 Member
    Right back at no results but doing what i need to do. I am confused l. And very insecure
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    The food scale is key. With everything—cereal, butter, cheese, nuts...even packaged things like rolls (the packaging might say 95g/1 roll and you weigh the roll and it’s 130g!). Add all those extra 20-50 calories all day and you can easily be 200 calories over budget. Weighing everything can be hard to get used to but it can get you out of a stall.
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    The food scale is key. With everything—cereal, butter, cheese, nuts...even packaged things like rolls (the packaging might say 95g/1 roll and you weigh the roll and it’s 130g!). Add all those extra 20-50 calories all day and you can easily be 200 calories over budget. Weighing everything can be hard to get used to but it can get you out of a stall.

For sure. There are a couple of threads about the discrepancies between what the package says and what a serving really weighs with some products. Real eye opener.
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,266 Member
    Lots of great advice above. I agree using the food scale for everything really helps. I also suggest taking measurements since you've started working out. But I would take them no more frequently that every six to eight weeks.

You said you'd like to lose 30lbs. What is your starting weight? If you're already close to the weight a BMI chart would consider "normal/healthy," the weight tends to come off more slowly. Tightening up your calories using a food scale becomes even more important once you're close to/inside "normal/healthy" weight.

Good luck!
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Did you stop losing weight when you started exercising more?

If so, it could be partly do to your muscles holding onto more water.

Also, make sure you are logging your food accurately, and only count half of your exercise calories.
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    OldAssDude wrote: »
    Did you stop losing weight when you started exercising more?

If so, it could be partly do to your muscles holding onto more water.

Also, make sure you are logging your food accurately, and only count half of your exercise calories.

Was going to say the same. Your loss has stalled a bit from your new workout routine which is very common.