HUNGRY!!!

Here's today's concern....LOL
I am allowed 1250 calories pre exercise to lose 1.5 lbs. a week. I work out 5-6 days a week, so I earn about 600-800 extra calories which I have been eating. The problem is on the 1 or 2 days I don't exercise my body is used to the extra calories so on non exercise days I am starving. I eat whole grains, veggies, fruits, lean meats, still hungry though and I find myself going over the 1250. My body is so confused:sad:

Replies

• mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Here's today's concern....LOL
    I am allowed 1250 calories pre exercise to lose 1.5 lbs. a week. I work out 5-6 days a week, so I earn about 600-800 extra calories which I have been eating. The problem is on the 1 or 2 days I don't exercise my body is used to the extra calories so on non exercise days I am starving. I eat whole grains, veggies, fruits, lean meats, still hungry though and I find myself going over the 1250. My body is so confused:sad:
  • kittybellenir
    kittybellenir Posts: 128 Member
    These are the days that I make sure to have protein at every meal and lots of it! On these days try to start with a high protein breakfast like an egg white omlette with veggies and a slice of toast with peanut butter, or if your like me and you have a sweet tooth I have an egg white omlette with veggies and a small apple with peanut butter the mix of protein and fiber will help you feel fuller. Also for a snack on these days I drink the Jay Robb Chocolate Egg white protein shake. I know how you feel and this helps me, maybe it will work for you.:flowerforyou:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    I agree , on the days I know I can't exercise, I have an egg with sauteed oinons, green peppers and fresh muchrooms. Then I have 5 oz of baked skinless chicken and all the veggies and fruits. Protien does help.:smile:
  • I've got a similar problem because of my random work schedule. Pretty much as a rule it looks like it was decided with a set of dice. Here's a d6 for number of days worked, a d10 for the number of hours, and just for giggles let's go evens or odds for if the manager asks her to go on break. Argh! But yeah, my body got used to a calorie budget that can afford the freebie break meal at Maccy Dees and on days off I just give it the same budget because it's easier. I may be losing weight slower but I've got patience. It didn't all pile on in a day, and it's not coming off that fast either.
    99999999 Posts: 4
    I find that after each meal or snack i drink half to a full litre of water which fills me up and then i chew gum. The flavour and chewing motion keeps my mind off food and keeps me feeling full with no calories. I will also look to fitness magazines to remind me of my goal so i'm not tempted even though i am hungry. A seltzer water is good too to help you feel full longer.
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    I ride my bike to work in the mornings so I am big on getting my morning carbs. I eat steel cut oats with either blueberries or strawberries for breakfast. That curves the hunger for hours even after the ride. I usually don't start to feel hungry until noon or so. High fiber foods are the way to go. It seems like too many people are cutting the carbs. I totally disagree with that! My rule of thumb is no white at night. Meaning no rice, potato, breads..ect! Eat your carbs in the morning and concentrate more on your proteins, veggies and fats for lunch or dinner, but one thing for sure, don't forget the veggies! :smile:
    Also don't forget to drink lots of water and chewing gum on the onset of craving helps A LOT!!!
    Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Thanks for all the support. On exercise days I'm finally to a place where I'm eating all of my calories, yet not hungry and eating healthy. On the days I don't exercise my body is "used" to the extra calories, so 1250 just ain't cutting it...lol
    Finding that fine line is a work in progress I guess.
  • bigred1
    bigred1 Posts: 31
    drink. more water eat peanuts ityou up .
  • fibi3
    fibi3 Posts: 10
    Yesh i Cant wait for my stomach to shrink so that i dont get this crazy hunger all day anymore. i have managed to loose two pounds in my first week but i am so knackered from going to the gym every day (just for half an hour but otherwise i feel i am really not given enough calories to sustain myself) Fortunately i think the night time munchies have subsided a wee bit, last night i couldnt finish all the snacks i had saved up (usually i slip in the evening)

perhaps see if there is some way you can balance it all out, if you are doing a hour and a half exercise three times a week, surely that is the same as doing half an hour a day?? I'm not sure how these things work but surely that means you could have more of an allowance on all the days rather than eating loads on one and starving yourself the rest?

i feel your pain honey i really do!
  • fibi3
    fibi3 Posts: 10
    I ride my bike to work in the mornings so I am big on getting my morning carbs. I eat steel cut oats with either blueberries or strawberries for breakfast. That curves the hunger for hours even after the ride. I usually don't start to feel hungry until noon or so. High fiber foods are the way to go. It seems like too many people are cutting the carbs. I totally disagree with that! My rule of thumb is no white at night. Meaning no rice, potato, breads..ect! Eat your carbs in the morning and concentrate more on your proteins, veggies and fats for lunch or dinner, but one thing for sure, don't forget the veggies! :smile:
    Also don't forget to drink lots of water and chewing gum on the onset of craving helps A LOT!!!
    Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:

how do you fill yourself up without carbs? i find if i dont have something carby (pasta, potato, rice) in the evening, i feel drained and empty regardless of how much i eat

i am used to a very carb filled diet i must say, but i am finding it hard to say goodbye to them!