Advise needed

Options
Hello im currently on 1320 cals a day I'm going to the gym and doing a mix of weights and far burning cardio, aswell as walking my dog x2 daily. I'm smashing my 10,000 steps a day but I'm constantly starving? I'm a non drinker don't smoke and drink 3 litres a day, I never eat my exercise cals and I'm always under my cals. I'm losing weight which is a plus but what am I doing wrong? Should I eat more on gym days? Thanks for reading

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    How did you choose your calorie goal?

• DebbieFarndell39
    DebbieFarndell39 Posts: 6 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    On mfp , as my day job is driving and a small amount of walking. Im going to gym x3 times a week
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Eat back some of your exercise calories (like 50%) or so. MFP wants you to log and eat those calories
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Hello im currently on 1320 cals a day I'm going to the gym and doing a mix of weights and far burning cardio, aswell as walking my dog x2 daily. I'm smashing my 10,000 steps a day but I'm constantly starving? I'm a non drinker don't smoke and drink 3 litres a day, I never eat my exercise cals and I'm always under my cals. I'm losing weight which is a plus but what am I doing wrong? Should I eat more on gym days? Thanks for reading

How much total weight do you need to lose to get to a healthy weight, and on average how many lbs are you losing per week? How long have you been eating those cals and struggling with hunger?
  • DebbieFarndell39
    Options
    Im new to this a didnt realise i need to eat calories burnt, and im wanting to lose 1 stone 10 and i would love to lose it slowely at a rate of 1-2 lb per week.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Im new to this a didnt realise i need to eat calories burnt, and im wanting to lose 1 stone 10 and i would love to lose it slowely at a rate of 1-2 lb per week.

Your calorie goal is worked out by estimating your calorie goal for a day without exercise. It's trying to teach people a life lesson along the lines of the more you exercise the more you get to eat. Conversely the less you exercise the less you get to eat.
    By not eating back your exercise calories you are making your calorie deficit even higher than the rate of weight loss you selected. Your initial enthusiasm might get you through for a short while but do try to make the process sustainable when the novelty wears off.

The sticky threads pinned to the top of the getting started forum ("Most Helpful Threads") are well worth reading.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Yep -- if you eat 1350 calories then burn 200 calories exercising, you need to eat those 200 back so you finish the day with a TOTAL/FINAL of 1350.
  • DebbieFarndell39
    DebbieFarndell39 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your advice
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Just as an aside, 1-2 lbs per week is not slowly. 2 lb per week is about the most an obese person should lose. With ~25 lbs to lose, 1 lb per week would be the max.

I only say this to help with expectations.