Over 50 and exercising on a budget

Options
fitnesssurvivorqueen
fitnesssurvivorqueen Posts: 3 Member
edited March 2019 in Introduce Yourself
I am trying to get healthy. I'm on a budget. I am used to good southern cooking. I would love to hear from a woman of color OVER age 50 who have lost weight with a background similar to mine.

Replies

• Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Very interesting question and I am interested in any comments. While I am 50 and have lost weight, I am not a huge fan of southern cooking but I do deal with this issue with my mother . . . I will say that there are things that I enjoy that I will probably never eat again - Peach Cobbler "mine" is one that comes to mind :'( . I would suggest to you that you start with building recipes in MFP and seeing were the calories are coming from. Then you can see what you can control between substituting/leaving out and smaller portions. One of the best things to do period is pre-log your meals. This is when you can manage your calories, it's too late once you've eaten it. Go slow, you want these changes to be long term. Don't feel that you have to give up southern cooking but you might have to limit it.