Tired all the time!

Options
Not sure if this is in the right place but I need help!
I need foods or suggestions to boost my energy levels, I don't really want to resort to energy drinks n caffeine pills !!
I'm exhausted! Like I go to bed at around 10 and struggle to get up for work (I start at 8 am) to be fair I normally wake up around 4.30 am - 5 am then fall back to sleep till the alarm goes off. I don't feel fresh and awake at that time thought that's why I don't get up.
I normally get very tired after I eat my lunch and would nap if I could, which I don't like it makes me feel gross when I wake, if I don't nap I struggle all day to stay awake and have actually fell asleep in work at my desk a couple of times!
Iv been to the doctors and had bloods done, since im veggie I figured it could be to do with that but nope! Bloods are fine all great B12, Iron ect and she was very impressed with my folic intake. My thyroid is fine so is my blood count and something else is grand that I cant remember the name of lol. Glad im fine but it doesn't help me with why im tired! My doctor told me "its just life" not impressed with that, like I could be driving and going to myself "if I fall asleep im going to die" and still need to pull over.
Sorry for the long rant its just soooo annoying and its effecting my relationship now. My partner thinks im lazy and complains when I go to bed early saying I do nothing but go to bed!

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    You may just need more food. I just went back a couple of days in your diary but I would be falling flat on my face eating that little. Try to get closer to your goal. You may also consider a sleep study. My husband thought he slept through the night but had sleep apnea and was actually waking up a lot.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Oooo don't go by my diary I havnt logged very well to be honest kinda fell off the wagon iv had take away for dinner from Friday night!! Seriously how did he go about getting that done ? Was he wrecked all the time too ?
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    He talked to his doctor since he was always tired. Then he went to a sleep clinic and they hooked him up to machines to see what was happening when he slept. He was so bad that they woke him after an hour and put him on a constant air pressure machine for the rest of the night. When he came home the next morning he said he felt like different person. He now sleeps with the machine every night.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,852 Member
    Options
    I would second what Lizzy said. Get a sleep study done. My daughter had one done and found out she is borderline narcoleptic. She is now on medication and feeling better not feeling like she will fall asleep at work.
  • CFam5
    CFam5 Posts: 24
    Options
    A couple of things:

How long are you taking a nap for? Taking a nap for more than 30 min can cause you to feel sluggish when you wake (I'm not a doctor, just read it in a magazine)

Do you smoke? I recently quit and I never realized how much smoking robbed me of energy. In my head I always felt I 'needed' one to get my day started, but it's really BS.

Are you drinking a lot of water? Your water intake today will determine your energy levels for tomorrow.

I am trying shakeology for 30 days. Rather pricey but it's a meal replacement and I figured it wouldn't hurt to try for just one month. I have noticed that my energy levels are AWESOME! (I don't sell the stuff and I'm not a coach so I have no reason to sugercoat my experience) It's done wonders for me. I don't feel tired in the afternoons anymore and my cravings are gone. Just an FYI :)

Hope something works for you soon!
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    There are a couple of things to think about...

How is your water intake? Is your body being properly hydrated? This can have a surprising effect on you if you are not hydrated enough.

Another is are you eating enough protein? And are you eating enough? Sometimes you will find that even though you think your body is satisfied it is giving you hints that it really isn't. One of those hints is lethargy.

Good luck!