Back again and heavier than ever.

Options
I’m really struggling with how much weight I’ve put on over the last 8 months. If anyone has any tips and tricks please help!

Thank you 😊

Replies

• RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Hi! Welcome! Sorry to hear about your struggles, but you got this! Be sure to take a read through of the stickies at the top of the forum. They have a lot of very useful information to get you going! :smile:

Good luck!
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,068 Member
    Options
    How much did you lose before?
  • FightingFitTrish
    FightingFitTrish Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Sophie, you are not alone. I'm at the heaviest EVER I have been putting on and taking off 30 kgs in the past.

I have resorted to a personal trainer, who also seems to be interested in what has tripped me up, because I keep sabotaging my journey.

I am not sure what your triggers were for giving up each time, for me they were life-impacting moments where I felt, it is just not worth aiming for anything. Being told I couldn't scuba dive because of a hole in the heart, people destroying dreams making you feel less of a person. In dark times in life, pizza and a bottle of wine seemed great, eating yummy food seemed like the only joy left and working full time and doing parttime university study kept me glued to the chair.

However, now that I have put 40kgs back on and I am now starting to find mowing the lawns and cleaning the house hard work, I have reawoken and am going to get back into this.

Accountability is key for me, so a PT this time is essential, (started last week) he is texting me and asking for my food diary and encouraged me to track my steps (I'm going shopping for a watch today, using phone for now) and that is a great help.

I have also told my boss who has watched me yoyo and he has said he is so pleased and asks me now and then how I am going.

Last time I did tell friends and used this forum before successfully, but I think for me, one of the biggest keys is going to be the reflection on what went wrong other times and preparing for those triggers so they don't trip me up again.

Recording strongly this time what is so awful about being here at this weight, and why pizza and wine are not worthy friends. Maybe I need to write a small book and have it bound, "what I hate about being Fat with chapters 130kgs, 120, 110s etc", why I don't want to revisit and the life they prevent me from having.

On a positive note, I am looking forward to long service leave holidays in September 2020 where I will go treking in Norway and Ireland fitting into snow gear and climbing mountans, maybe even riding horses and going on husky sled rides.

We can do this Sophie and feel free to add me as a friend, I have none here yet, I have to go and remember how to do that.

I did not find my old profile either :(

Trish