Herniated C5 C6

I Have been going to therapy for two weeks. I also am working with a trainer in the pool once a week along with me working every day on stretching movements. This has helped enormously. Treatment consists of facia drainage and ulnar and radial rotation exercises. Recommended 30 minutes on bike. Pain levels have been down taking iboprophen 3 ice and rubs for relief. Got 90 days of treatment feeling success will come. Wanting to get back to swimming laps soon, :):):)

Replies

• AllPositive1
    AllPositive1 Posts: 33 Member
    It seems i have disc generation in c5 and c6 (and images show arthritis). I lifted a bike out of the back of my SUV and WOW the pain that radiated 2 hours later! I have not been prescribed PT (yet). Though I've been walking more and gardening a bit. I see the Neuro Dr in 3-4 weeks. I feel things are healing. I have different relief turning my head than immediately after the injury. Back to great REM and deep sleep, thank goodness.

Keep me posted.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    PT really helped my low back pain. I also have gone to a network chiro and that as well helps. Its a mix of PT and more traditional chiro
  • Trinique34
    Trinique34 Posts: 53 Member
    Physio didn't help me with my c5 disc herniation but I highly recommend you do it now because if it does become herniated you will be in severe pain and could lose ability to use your arm if you don't have surgery.

I had surgery in 2017 and while it didn't take away my neck pain it gave me back full use of my arms. I still wish I had waited 2 years to see if it would heal on its own because the surgery caused other pain that I now have to learn to live with.
  • AllPositive1
    AllPositive1 Posts: 33 Member
    An update from me. 17 months post "accident" and I'd say I'm 95% recovered. I'm doing push-ups, but not overdoing it. I have almost full mobility. I can even jog in place without feeling twinges of pain down my arm. Taking steroids probably helped me, but it swelled up my body for 6 months. I'm pretty lucky. I've noticed though through covid, I need to keep my desk ergonomic friendly. If I sit on the couch with my laptop, I get neck pain for 5 days.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!