Your views

Hi
I am new to all this I have tried all diet clubs but I hate sitting in the meetings when all I do is want to go home & have my dinner as I never eat before weigh in , what was your first time like calorie counting did you find the app easy ?

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I love data and facts and routine so using a good app to count calories is perfect for me. If you do it right and consistently, results follow, and that is all you can ask for.
  • William54321
    William54321 Posts: 652 Member
    Had to lose weight for ops so this app became that tool. Continued using to track cals and exercise to keep in maintenance
  • SalinitySally
    SalinitySally Posts: 258 Member
    Hi
    I am new to all this I have tried all diet clubs but I hate sitting in the meetings when all I do is want to go home & have my dinner as I never eat before weigh in , what was your first time like calorie counting did you find the app easy ?

I’m 62 and remember counting calories as a teenager when labels didn’t provide any information. We used little books that listed calories for common foods. So YES the app is easy.

And I’ve never done a diet club.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I've used this website for 6 years and love it. I have lost 90 lb (of a total 130 lb weight loss) with MFP and kept it off for 5 years. I also love numbers & being "strict" with myself through calorie counting - although I do practice moderation and eat plenty of junk too.

However, I HATED the app and only used it for like 2 days. Ugh. If I was doing it with the app, I would have given up in a week or two probably. YMMV, obviously lots of people like it.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    To clarify, I don't use MFP to track any more for a variety of reasons, I use Lifesum.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!