Roll call! Whose from the Dirty South?

Replies

• Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Alabama here.
    Any other southerners on here tired of the cold weather and ready for summer? I say bring on that humidity because I'm ready for summer!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Curious to know members around where I’m from. I’m in South Carolina.

I too am from South Carolina. I enjoy South Carolina's 187 miles of coastline, beautiful lush gardens, historic sites and Southern plantations, colonial, African and European cultures, and its growing economic development. I enjoy that South Carolina is bordered to the north by North Carolina, to the southeast by the Atlantic Ocean, and to the southwest by Georgia across the Savannah River.

The weather isn't bad either, wouldn't you agree? I find that South Carolina has a humid subtropical climate, although high-elevation areas in the Upstate area have fewer subtropical characteristics than areas on the Atlantic coastline. I find that in the summer, South Carolina is hot and humid, with daytime temperatures averaging between 86–93 °F (30–34 °C) in most of the state and overnight lows averaging 70–75 °F (21–24 °C) on the coast and from 66–73 °F (19–23 °C) inland. However I find winter temperatures are much less uniform in South Carolina.
  • RobertWorkingOut
    RobertWorkingOut Posts: 20 Member
    GA here...
  • striving4moretoday
    striving4moretoday Posts: 60 Member
    North Carolina :)
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Texas....
  • sniper300_Rum
    sniper300_Rum Posts: 1,073 Member
    Okiehoma here
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    edited March 2019
    Alabama here.
    Any other southerners on here tired of the cold weather and ready for summer? I say bring on that humidity because I'm ready for summer!

You are not lying!

I hope you were not affected by the tornadoes the other day! My mom lives a good distance away, but my daughter was with her in Alabama, and I was a nervous wreck with the weather they were having. My thoughts and prayers are with the community.
  • Arkansas 🙂
  • lamos1
    lamos1 Posts: 168 Member
    Tennessee
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    I live in Florida...but the northern part of Florida that is the South...as opposed to the southern part of Florida which is basically the North.
  • wayne4825
    wayne4825 Posts: 166 Member
    Northeast Mississippi here!!
  • hast6837
    hast6837 Posts: 25 Member
    Dirty South Carolina here. Tired of the rain to. Anybody care to be friend hit me up.
  • amaesp
    amaesp Posts: 7 Member
    North Carolina about 2 hours from the sc border 🤙🏼
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    What's "dirty south" mean?
    Are 'you all' dirty because it's hot and you're sweaty or something? Are 'you all' "naughty" (dirty)?

I'm from Southern Ontario, but I am never "dirty"...I lysol wipe my floors and take at least 2 showers a day
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,090 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Are 'you all' dirty because it's hot and you're sweaty or something? Are 'you all' "naughty" (dirty)?

I'm from Southern Ontario, but I am never "dirty"...I lysol wipe my floors and take at least 2 showers a day

We’re naughty dirty which leads to being hot and sweaty.
  • keonwlsn
    keonwlsn Posts: 278 Member
    Columbia sc
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »

It came from this
    https://youtu.be/KiuEFG0ZBd8

Thank-you for 'splaining it to me!! I'm so literal sometimes, it does makes me laugh!.
    I'm the girl who doesnt get the joke 'till like 5 minutes later, has a bewildered expression while processing then laughs on her own waaay after the fact!!