Down from 205lbs 38" waist to 180lbs and 32" waist

t41flyer
t41flyer Posts: 239 Member
When I was 34 years old I was 205lbs. I turn 50 this year and I am 180 lbs with a 32" waist.
49rguaa1u09x.jpg

Replies

• SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 922 Member
    Awesome job!
  • leefitz07
    leefitz07 Posts: 4 Member
    Great job! Keep up the fitness
  • mstheglitch
    mstheglitch Posts: 37 Member
    Looking good!
  • momar712
    momar712 Posts: 1 Member
    Nice job bro, what was your diet like, calories etc
  • t41flyer
    t41flyer Posts: 239 Member
    momar712 wrote: »
    Nice job bro, what was your diet like, calories etc

I use Fitbit and myfitnesspal to track calories taken in versus calories consumed. I also use these apps to make sure I meet my protien goals.

I avoid junk food (chips, soft drinks, cake, ice cream, etc). I rarely eat out because restaurants are into entertainment food versus healthy food. I don't drink juices either.

I eat fresh produce, grilled beefs and chickens, and a bit of fish. I stay away from packaged and processed meals which among other things carry enough sodium to bust your sodium budget.

I also drink at least 100 ounces of water a day (many trips to the loo).

I use alcoholic products rarely.

During strength training, I perform repetitions slowly and deliberately and put much more emphasis on milking the repetitions for a good lactic acid burn versus # of repetitions or amount of weight. I do body weight work as well. Especially on workout days, I make sure I meet my protien requirement for that day, but I prioritize staying within the calorie budget that Fitbit sets for me.

I hope this helps.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Another middle-aged man shining like a bright fitness, health and wellness star, awesome job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!