Please help. Keto or low fat?

Options
Hello everyone! Im determined to lose weight. Im ~30% body fat and I know I let myself down with my dieting. I’m torn between a low fat-high protein diet and keto. I crave carbs daily. I love coca cola, bread and chips but i usually limit myself to two slices of toast for breakfast, a protein shake for lunch and a big meaty meal for dinner. Thing is, It seems so hard to come up with meal plans.

I tried keto before but im not sure how effective it is. I found it very boring and depressing . It was difficult to come up with meal plans, particuarly, breakfast and lunch. I just dont know anymore.

I exercise 3x a week and do hiit training. I know that if I were to do a keto I’d find my workouts harder since I work at such a high heartrate and when the heart is beating rapidly it uses carbs as a main fuel resource.

I just have no idea. Anything.. even websites that can help me lost weight. Ive been overweight since 2012 because of depression and I really want to get it off!

Edd

Replies

• lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    You could just eat the foods you already eat but in lesser amounts. Many of us here have a lot of success eating our regular foods while staying in a calorie deficit.

As said above, a specific diet isn't required.
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    OP, why not just eat whatever foods you like, just in the correct calorie amounts?

Weight loss comes down to being at the correct calorie deficit for your weight loss goals. You can eat however you want to make up your calorie allowance though.