Pregnant and gained nearly 3 stone

Options
I need help to get back on track. I am looking to find someone who will get to know me and chat with me via WhatsApp or snapchat regularly so we can support each other. I am so weak and can’t stop bingeing. It’s gotten so much worse since pregnancy. I don’t want to starve myself or lose tons of weight fast. I mainly want to see a difference in measurements around my legs and arms to help determine if I am losing fat. This is so I can be sure I’m not under eating. Prior to pregnancy I was a binge eater and bulimic so it’s really important that I do this right. Help me please x

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    it’s really important that I do this right. x

It is really important to get it right, for you and your baby’s health and your baby’s development. Talk to your obstetrician.

Congratulations, and best of luck to you!❤️
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I need help to get back on track. I am looking to find someone who will get to know me and chat with me via WhatsApp or snapchat regularly so we can support each other. I am so weak and can’t stop bingeing. It’s gotten so much worse since pregnancy. I don’t want to starve myself or lose tons of weight fast. I mainly want to see a difference in measurements around my legs and arms to help determine if I am losing fat. This is so I can be sure I’m not under eating. Prior to pregnancy I was a binge eater and bulimic so it’s really important that I do this right. Help me please x

you need to speak to your doctor about whether you should be trying to lose fat while pregnant.
  • brittgreenlikethecolor88
    brittgreenlikethecolor88 Posts: 1,080 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    ^^^ Ditto what these ladies said. You should talk to your OGBYN. I had 2 babies, 18 months apart.... I had just lost the last 20lbs and got to my comfortable weight right before becoming pregnant with my first. I was concerned about weight gain as well. BUT I realized somethings are more important. Make sure it's healthy for both you and your baby whatever you end up doing. Being pregnant is temporary, you have the rest of your life to work on yourself & losing weight after you give birth. You only have 9 months to create a little human.... try to enjoy it and not worry about things that are out of your control. I wish you and your little one the best! Congratulations!! <3
  • StefaniMerlo
    StefaniMerlo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your pregnancy!! I just had a baby myself in December and gained nearly 60 lbs. I know it’s daunting with the prescribed amounts that women are “supposed” to gain. I found myself gaining in spite of the fact I was tracking my food and eating according to my maintenance calorie intake. I gained an average on 7lbs a month with the biggest gains at the end. Today, I’m almost 40lbs down now and my baby isn’t even 3 months yet.

I remember feeling the same anxiety you feel about what your body is doing. I also struggled with disordered eating in my life. But trust me: Your body is amazing! It’s doing this miracle right now and I know everyone is going to try scare you and micromanage you; just trust yourself and be friends with your body-they don’t know you like you do!!

I’m happy to be your partner if you need support. Everything I just said is so much easier said than done-especially when hormones are influencing you! I know you’re going to do great for you and your new little one!! You got this!!