Optavia 5 & 1 plan

Options
sebarnes301
sebarnes301 Posts: 1 Member
edited January 18 in Health and Weight Loss
Is anyone in here on the Optavia 5 & 1 plan?

Replies

• mel4hughes
    mel4hughes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes I am!
  • roeh
    roeh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    How do you like the food?
  • Arianna2930
    Arianna2930 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Me, started 2 days ago😁
  • jodyb2017
    jodyb2017 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How did you stay on the program? I am finding myself slipping off. I have lost 25-30 lbs so far.
  • sandy_in_sandy_land
    sandy_in_sandy_land Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am! I love the program. I eat the medifast variety. I lost 49 may - September 2018, This was to be able to ride roller coasters. I them fell off October when the theme park closed and life had some challenges. Climed back on March 10, 2019 and I am at -24. Total lost on Optavia/Medifast -73. I still have some rides I do not fit on, but I will!
  • sampostu
    sampostu Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I also like roller coasters. It is definitely something that can get very embarrassing if you can’t get the restraint down, at least for me. I am on day 3. So far so good. I don’t have the hunger issues the first days that other people seem to have. I am hoping that the weight goes off faster. The last time I had a hard time staying on track.
  • lolacanaday
    lolacanaday Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just started this plan today! I'm excited about the speed in which most people lose, but the food... oh my :( Anyone have weight loss success stories for motivation?
  • sampostu
    Options
    I have been on plan for 13 days and have lost 12 pounds so that is great. The bars are the nicest and easy, but try not to do more than two a day. I really like mixing a chocolate chip cookie (it is great alone too) with a pancake in the mini waffle iron and making a waffle. It is super quick and yummy. The drinks are good, but less filling. I love th cinnamon cake. Love the hot chocolate. Those are really my go to’s. Make sure to treat yourself every once in awhile with a sugar free jello or frozen pop.

You can do it! Good luck!!
  • Tlcbreuer
    Tlcbreuer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, just started Optavia 5 & 1 plan on April 27.. so far so good... i’ve Like all the food so far except hot cereal.
    I have found that cooking any of the Mac and cheese in my instant pot and then sit to thicken really helps. Noodles are done and cheese is thick and saucy. I also like the bean and vegetable Chili cooked that way too. To my chili I added a little bit of fresh tomatoes to it and it was really yummy. Good luck everyone!
  • sampostu
    Options
    I will have to try that. How long do you cook it in the instant pot?
  • nocgirl72
    nocgirl72 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    A few of my coworkers are on this and 1 starts tmrw. It seems to work and price not bad.
  • sampostu
    Options
    It works as long as you follow it. I am one month on the plan, no cheats. I lost 20.6 lbs so far. That is a lot for a woman, so probably quite a bit was water weight, but still one awesome month!
  • cr00000
    cr00000 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I lost 22 pounds on it last summer. Gained 6 back but back on again today. I just want to lose this remaining 30 lbs! I have a very hard time sticking to diets in general, even simply counting calories. I just want something to work!
  • JULESJNZ
    JULESJNZ Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started the 5 & 1 plan today! After years of losing and gaining even more weight back I am hopeful this may work. I like being able to scan the barcodes so I can really see what I am eating on a daily basis. Good luck to everyone!
  • sampostu
    Options
    How is your first week going?
  • mrscarnevale
    mrscarnevale Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am using Optavia. on my third week and 21 pounds down.
  • lsudduth16
    lsudduth16 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2. I'm tired today. I know the first few days are the hardest though. I think my body is going into shock wondering where all the sugar it normally gets is! lol
  • mrscarnevale
    mrscarnevale Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    lsudduth16 wrote: »
    I'm on day 2. I'm tired today. I know the first few days are the hardest though. I think my body is going into shock wondering where all the sugar it normally gets is! lol

True enough! I am in week 4, but have not been perfect. Each time I recommit my body wonders what is going on. My goal now is to be consistent.
  • rosiebrown419
    rosiebrown419 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started today and could use some support! I tried this a few years ago and I think it would have worked a lot better if I had been more motivated to stick to it after a few life upheavals knocked me back.

I wasn't a big fan of this morning's oatmeal and this "wild rice and chicken flavored" soup is not my favorite, but I can make it work. It's definitely encouraging me to drink more water. I'm definitely not feeling hungry, though, so that's awesome. How is everyone doing?