I can’t seem to stick to a plan 😞

Options
I’m a 25 year old mother of 3 and I’m always “trying” to lose weight but can never seem to stick to plan. I’m 270 pounds and struggling to lose any. I’ll eat healthy one day & the next I’m right back to my old ways. I just want to be able to fit in my old clothes and feel good about myself again. I could use positive friends also as I tend to stay to myself.

Replies

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,593 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Hi. I'm a mom, too. I have spent the last 14 months working to lose weight. I have now lost over 100 pounds, and so sympathize.

If more accountability would help, you could take a look at a team weight loss group we have here on MFP. We have daily check-ins (how are you doing on your plan for food, water, exercise), weekly weigh-ins (tallied up for the entire team), and lots of supportive chat as all of us confront life and working to lose weight. To be part of the actual challenge, there's a window at the start of each month, but you can join the group at any time and be part of the conversation on a team any time. It has been hugely helpful to me.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-f2f-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group
  • JCoop9
    JCoop9 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Also, don't give up if you have a good day and than a day you wish you'd done differently. Just hop back in on your next meal!
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    Add me to the chorus of voices saying they lost significant weight (44kg / 97lb) while eating pretty much the same stuff I ate while overweight.

I live alone and can't/won't cook so pretty much everything I eat is "fast" or "packaged" and I feel like a million bucks compared to when I started. I'm making huge fitness gains (from getting winded just standing up to regularly cycling, running and swimming for decent distances) and my doctor says all my health factors are spot on.

I'll also echo the previous posts that have spoken about knowing how 'expensive' calorie wise particular food is and how some of it is worth it and some not. I'll add to this line of thought that logging foods also helps you consciously 'budget' the indulgences. By this I mean, when I was overweight and I wanted say, potato chips, I'd go to the store and buy a bag of potato chips and eat them. Now when I want those same potato chips I still go to the store and buy them but before I eat them I'll enter that bag of chips into my diary. 99% of the time I'll see how badly that bag of chips would blow out my calorie target. Just seeing the amount of calories is a real eye opener. So I'll start to reduce the serving size until it's at an acceptable level for that days calories. I'll then weigh out that amount to eat. I still get to have what I want AND lose weight. WIN/WIN