Options
    psn3j4l6rber.jpg
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
  • Scottgriesser
    Scottgriesser Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    There are newbie threads pinned that give you the gist. Here's my short version:

Your stats will give you a rough BMR (what you burn by existing), your activity level will add to that (more than likely sedentary or lightly active at most), you select how much you want to lose per week (MFP will not allow you to go higher than 2lbs per week or consume less than 1200 cals per day). These will give you your daily allowance of calories. You then enter in everything you eat with that total number being your goal. Do this correctly and you win.

Now, there is a ton more to this whole deal than that, but that will get you started.
  • Bill0304
    Bill0304 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I gues the biggest thing I am trying to figure out is how to get a group together in the message boards
  • ljgarrett15
    ljgarrett15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New here! I know how to enter recipes, individual foods, and all that. So how do I enter something random that I don't know the ingredients/amounts of?
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    Bill0304 wrote: »
    I gues the biggest thing I am trying to figure out is how to get a group together in the message boards

Start a thread with a title denoting the purpose of the group. Others will join in. That should do it.

Or do a search for the type of group you are seeking. It's possible that you may find an active, established group.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/search