What are you giving up for lent??

Options
2»

Replies

• lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

i just didnt know what itis is all. thanks for the link.
  • soccershanna
    soccershanna Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Each day that I work I am making a lunch for myself and one for my husband that is low fat, 1/2 veggies, 1/4 protein and 1/4 carbs. So far so good.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    sloth and swears
  • echmain3
    echmain3 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I’m giving up Lent.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Liquor and self-hate.
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I gave up alcohol and I am being mindful of my sugar intake.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I think I'm going to add fish. We did the whole "Fish on Friday" thing when I was a kid and being raised Catholic. (I'm Unitarian Universalist now, but doing something for Lent helps me feel closer to my grandmother.)

I like fish, but usually the high cost puts me off. However, all my supermarkets are marking it down this week for Lent and Shaws even has fresh wild haddock for $4.99 a pound. (Today, Wednesday, only this sale week.)

I have done well with my goal of adding more fish. I started off doing it on Fridays but changed that to whatever day in the week was most convenient.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I gave up giving up!
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I'm doing fine. When there's cake and chocolate in the office, which is almost daily, no-one questions me or says "Are you sure you don't want some" because they were told a month ago that I'd given them up for Lent. After Lent, I'll have to get more creative - maybe I've lost the taste for sweet stuff after 6 weeks of abstaining.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Gave up alcohol and I’ve felt great! I’m not religious st all but took the season to think about renewal in all forms. Hope you are all well!