National Oreo Day

Options
Are you indulging and/or celebrating?
Favorite? Mine are the lemon thins and the mini white frosted ones!

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Right now there are 5 kinds of oreos in our breakroom (plus one gluten free oreo knockoff) oreo pie, milk & chocolate milk, and the fixings to make oreo milkshakes after lunch.

I think it's a good start.
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    And now there are three kinds of decorated oreos (ladybugs, spiders, and red worms in a pile of "dirt") and an icebox cake.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    FireOpalCO wrote: »
    And now there are three kinds of decorated oreos (ladybugs, spiders, and red worms in a pile of "dirt") and an icebox cake.

Where do you work? Are there any positions available? It sounds like you work with people who get it.

I have a Limited Edition bag in the closet that will be broken open tonight. I am also hormonal, so the timing is perfect. I can't remember the name of the package I have, but it involved peanut butter and chocolate and that is really all I need to know. :tongue:
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    How did I not know it was National Oreo Day????

At home I have oreo thins and oreo thins bites and the new fudge covered oreos and various lower calorie cookies and cream ice creams but I don't think those count. :)

Orrrrrrrrrrr I could break down and get the piece of oreo cheesecake I've been eyeing at the restaurant in my office building.

I'll probably just break open the fudge covered oreos. :)
  • glassyo
    Options
    And, also, @FireOpalCO. I will work for free.

Or for oreos.

Duh.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

Can't believe I missed this...
  • glassyo
    Options
    So I actually did break open the fudge covered oreos and it pains me to say they were nothing special. Fudge covered nutter butter were soooooooo much better.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    So I actually did break open the fudge covered oreos and it pains me to say they were nothing special. Fudge covered nutter butter were soooooooo much better.

Well...peanut butter
    'nuf said
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options

A former coworker used to dip Oreos in chocolate herself at Christmas time - they were amazing! She's sprinkle them with some chopped candy canes too. Nom nom nom.
  • glassyo
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

A former coworker used to dip Oreos in chocolate herself at Christmas time - they were amazing! She's sprinkle them with some chopped candy canes too. Nom nom nom.

*makes sign of the cross* Noooooo keep that icky mint away from me! I once tried a thin mint because I was *that* desperate for chocolate but that was a big mistake.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

I also found the fudge covered Oreos disappointing. As much as I love a plain old nekkid Oreo, and considering the crazy calories, I guess I expected them to be spectacular, and they weren't.

I have had home-dipped chocolate covered Oreos and they were quite good, but honestly I would rather have a couple of Oreos when I'm in a cookie mood, and a bit of chocolate when I'm in a chocolate mood. Or just make the Oreo balls upthread which were outstanding :tongue:
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I wasn't planning to have oreos today, but now I have to, lol. I had no clue oreos had a day. I am surprised oreo doesn't have a bunch of giveaways and marketing for it.

I will be having my favorite carrot cake ones tonight!
  • glassyo
    Options
    I wasn't planning to have oreos today, but now I have to, lol. I had no clue oreos had a day. I am surprised oreo doesn't have a bunch of giveaways and marketing for it.

I will be having my favorite carrot cake ones tonight!

Yeeeeah, I was checking out the Pi thread and then needed pie. I cheated and bought the generic hostess type pie (my market didn't have single slices) but then found out Pi had something to do with being round(?) so that was a me not being geeky enough fail.

I still ate the pie. :)