Weight Loss Surgery

Options
Just wondering if anyone has had gastric sleeve surgery? If so how long as it been; how has your progress been? What was your starting weight and what is current weight? Any before and after pics? I am scheduled to have my gastric sleeve surgery this coming Monday March 11!!!!! My highest weight was 307 and I'm currently at 271 and I'm 5'8" tall. I'm very excited but of course really nervous also. I'm not a newbie to surgery I've had 3 c-sections and a hysterectomy and just wondering how this will compare to those. Would love to hear from others thats been through it and if you have words of encouragement or things that you always had on hand to help you; whatever helped you would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Replies

• shj1998
    shj1998 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hiya...I'm a bit late reading this, but I had gastric sleeve surgery September 17, 2018. I am 5'7" and weighed 334 at the beginning of the journey. The first month was the toughest for me. I had 3 weeks of a liquid diet. That seemed to go on forever!! Once I was past that, things have gone much better. It amazes me how much better I feel. That was the first shocker. I'm no longer pre-diabetic, no longer have high blood pressure, no longer have sleep apnea, I can move more because I have much less pain, and I sleep better. It has been strange to shop for new clothes because my size is changing so fast. I hope things are going well for you! It's an exciting time.
  • courtneed34
    courtneed34 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know i read this late but i had surgery feb 4th 2019 i have lost 32 pounds since surgery the first month i was on a liquid diet. I feel like this aurgery is helping me alot. I get 500 calories a day i always hit under that though not by alot though lol. Hope this helps n ask me anything if u need advice
  • debraah66
    debraah66 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I recently had my second appointment towards getting surgery and am on the liver reduction diet. To be honest, I keep going back in forth in my head if I really want to do this surgery. I feel like if I could stay on this diet for 6 months why not just keep going on my own.