Women 40yrs plus and needing to lose 40lbs

Options
Geeez this business was easier once upon a time. I’m prior military, know how to workout but am just now tracking food. Please add me if you are on the same journey or have met your goals! I’m one week in and 3lbs down!!! It’s ON!

Replies

• howan
    howan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am at the end of the decade and need to lose exactly 40 lbs! I am 6 weeks behind schedule, but I have an appointment with a trainer on Friday and will have 3 "kickstart" weeks before I go away for 2 weeks. Really depressed about the way I look and feel, which not the most noble motivation to lose weight, but it will have to do!

You have a headstart with your military training! I am not great at all about working out, but I live in the city and walk a lot. I plan to do 3 workouts a week during the kickstart weeks, plus 10k steps. When I get back, I want to be exercising 5 x wk, and hopefully it will be properly spring by then and I can go for runs in the park.

Thanks for starting this thread - hope we can get some more in here and keep each other motivated!
  • caryfornia
    caryfornia Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Please add me as a friend and we can support each other. Just got done a a NOC shift n I’m tired but still heading to the gym.
    I get how you feel about feeling depressed. So much of our self esteem centers about how we look. Even though losing weight is healthy and makes us feel better inside. I want to look and feel fit!
    I’m weighing in every day and measuring L arm, waist, and L leg every week!
    Giving myself a cheat day.