Which Fitbit device do you use?

Just wanted to know which Fitbit device you ladies and gentlemen use. Do you find it to be accurate?

Replies

• kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    I use the Versa and I don't know if it's necessarily accurate regarding calories but I find it useful to track my sleep, my cycle (or did until recently, not Fitbit's fault though), active minutes. The step reminder has been essential as I need to move more at my desk job
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Charge 3 here.. it works for me.. measured tracker dist vs treadmill distance.. relatively same..

I use/like the hr and sleep tracker also
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Another Versa here. After chatting with a few folks here I use it more to record and see trends than to actually try to get a perfectly reliable reading.
  • Tolstolobik
    Tolstolobik Posts: 78 Member
    Thank you for your input!!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    I use an Alta, no HR monitor. Before I had a Flex. I've always found my numbers end up working out in the end, so I assume they're doing something right :smile:
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Used to use Fitbits. Now use Garmin Vivoactive 3.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    I have a One & also a Charge 2. I like them both.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Ole change 2... cracked screen and all!
  • Colorfan
    Colorfan Posts: 230 Member
    edited March 2019
    Using an old, barely working Fitbit One. Mostly because I dont want to wear a watch on my wrist, especially at work where it would take a beating. I can keep my One in my pocket. Sadly, they dont seem to make anything like it anymore.

That aside, it seems to track my steps well enough. I mostly use it to track my daily activity and see how well I did, or if I need to cut back on what I eat that day.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited March 2019
    Fitbit Alta HR...pretty discrete, long battery life, very minimalist - main appeals. Apparently looks like this is being replaced with an "upgraded" version called the "inspire/inspire HR"....same sleek minimal design, but only 5 day battery life @ a relatively lower price...keeping my Alta HR for the time being (7 day battery life is a huge plus & fits perfect with schedule)

https://www.fitbit.com/shop/inspire?utm_source=&utm_medium=paidsearch&ds_rl=1245695&gclid=CjwKCAiA_P3jBRAqEiwAZyWWaOEPUKPW40R1b0MaKJ7v0_td_lY5cY0CFi-A4oLaQZ90dqqvPzHRqBoCfS4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    I used to have a One (which they stopped making :( booooo) because I didn't like the prison band look. It was OK, i did it's job and had an awesome silent alarm for waking me up.

Now recently I was given a Charge 3. I think it's relatively accurate - not 100% of course, but for example, when I do HIIT on the treadmill the reading from the treadmill and that from the Charge is roughly within 10 calories difference.

I still need to compare it against my Polar HRM (laziness/forgetfulness) but will be interested to see the result.

Steps, I think it overestimates a little as sometimes I will be sitting on the bus and it will buzz at me that I reached my 10K step goal but i've been sitting on my butt for the last 10 minutes so huh? It has improved though as it's been "learning" me. The first two weeks was way more off.

As for sleep tracking it's also comparable to my sleep cycle app.

And the period tracker thing now means I don't need to use iPeriod anymore so bonus.

Overall I am happy with it. It's not 100% accurate, but I definitely feel it has helped me to remember to be more active and I will consciously choose to walk up/down the stairs at work instead of take the lift and the little "you've been sitting for ages" buzzes are also a good reminder to take a break from the computer screen and get up and go to the loo or whatever. It's definitely been good for my NEAT.
  • Tolstolobik
    So, so thankful to all of you! What a great community!
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    charge 2 and love it
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Charge 3 here. I started with fitbits more than a year into my journey. I was already a few months into maintenance. Sometimes it seems the HR part is all over the place. I mean, some days I average in the 150s (or less) for my average heartrate running, other days it is in the 180s. Hmm, not sure I am varying that much, but who is to say? These heartrates are different even when my times are the same.

Anyway, I use it more as a guideline than the end all, be all of my day. I will say it is very easy to obsess over steps or calories burned and there are days I want to chuck it in the trash, but then...
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Charge 2 HR and I find it very accurate
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Fitbit Flex 2. Very basic, I didn’t want a big bulky band. This is slim & wraps nicely around my wrist.
  • Tolstolobik
    lx1x wrote: »
    Charge 3 here.. it works for me.. measured tracker dist vs treadmill distance.. relatively same..

I use/like the hr and sleep tracker also

That's very helpful. Thank you!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,546 Member
    Charge 2 HR. Weight trend vs predicted weight trend based on Fitbit and food logging showed a discrepancy of less than 5% of TDEE over any 60 day period over 3 years. (Went through three charge hrs before getting the charge 2)
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Charge 2 HR. Weight trend vs predicted weight trend based on Fitbit and food logging showed a discrepancy of less than 5% of TDEE over any 60 day period over 3 years. (Went through three charge hrs before getting the charge 2)

^Pretty much this for me too. Except for the three year tracking difference part. :p
  • stephaniek511
    stephaniek511 Posts: 86 Member
    Versa, mainly because swimming is my primary form of exercise and it does a good (enough for me) job of tracking that.